Outside Sales (Prime) - Heavy Equipment
Company: Alta Equipment
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Outside Sales (Prime) - Heavy Equipment
4 hours ago(7/27/2018 11:40 AM)
# of Openings
About the Company:
Alta Equipment Company is one of the Great Lakes leading equipment dealers offering a diverse line of construction equipment and materials handling products. Alta brings 34 years of experience in service efficiency and fleet management to its customer base, providing rapid response and innovative solutions. We are a growing, progressive, multi-location distributor with 24 locations and over 900 employees based in Michigan, Northern Indiana and Illinois. Our core commitment is to provide outstanding service that exceeds our customers' expectations. Alta's Guiding Principles are that we Invest in the Best, we have a Passion for Excellence, we promote Mutual Respect, we are One Team, and we develop relationships that create Customers for Life.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health with 3 PPO plans to choose from
- Delta Dental
- EyeMed voluntary vision
- UNUM company paid life, short and long term disability insurances
- Voluntary life and long term disability buy up
- Legal and identity theft insurance
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts
- Paid holidays
- Personal and vacation time
- 401(k) with company match
Alta Equipment Company is currently seeking a heavy equipment prime sales representative/account manager for our Bloomington, IL branch. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the Construction Sales for our Volvo product line and other large brand construction lines
- Account/territory management, financial merchandising and prospect for new business
- Meet quota objectives provided by management
- Ability to use effective time and territory management skills
- Personal visits to customer's applications to identify opportunities
- Effective use of direct mail, phone and electronic media to communicate with prospects and customers
- Must be able to develop and present proposals to solve customers' needs while working with our inside sales team
- Effectively present at the customers' location in front of a group and show the benefits of your products and services
- Actively participate in the use and expansion of the companies CRM program
- Execute planned sales calls
- Participate in sales training and use tools provided to educate on your own various products and services offered by the company
- Review open proposals with sales management and request management participation in customer sales calls when necessary
- Turn in complete orders to sales administration and review orders for accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate products at the customer's location
- Coordinate with all departments sales strategies that exceed customers' expectations
- Offer customized financing packages to meet each customer's unique requirements
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Must possess outstanding selling and closing skills
- 2 years of heavy construction equipment sales experience is highly preferred
- 5 years of business-to-business sales experience
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast paced, high energy individual with an aggressive sales style
- Must have valid driver's license, clean driving record and automobile insurance
- Computer programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Intermediate: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - High: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will sit; Occasionally will stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste/smell
- Vision: No special vision requirements
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift 26 to 50 pounds
- Work Environment: Occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditionOther Opportunities at Alta: Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Connect with us to stay up to date on job listings.
Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Alta Equipment, Bloomington , Outside Sales (Prime) - Heavy Equipment, Sales , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!