Company: Related companies of California LLC
Posted on: October 12, 2019
- Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and
we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and
preserving housing for this sector.
- Over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our
management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and
an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
- In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties
that meet one of the following criteria:
- Section 8 properties with project-based contracts
- Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation
- Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income
- Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid
- Other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or
state-financed public housing.
- Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial
upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill
the needs of their tenants.
- Given our 45 years of experience in debt and equity financing as
well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties
we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the
resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to
exit the affordable housing arena
Your role with the company:
Related Management is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician at
a 158 unit affordable community in the downtown area of
Bloomington, IL. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for
common areas and apartment repairs in the scope of light plumbing,
light electrical, some carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight
of the building s curb appeal through building exterior
inspections, cleaning and grounds maintenance is required. Customer
service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the
satisfaction of the community s residents. Responsibilities will
also include daily cleaning and special projects as assigned.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time
Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry,
appliance and snow removal.
- Customer service first attitude.
- Must have personal, reliable transportation for on-call
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing,
climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
- Snow removal is a component of this position
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Related companies of California LLC, Bloomington , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!