Plant Quality Manager
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold
beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water
to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I
and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the
world.O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure,
sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's
best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high
quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food,
non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.Job
- Assist plant management in setting and maintaining quality
objectives and assures plant quality objectives are being met.
Identify appropriate tasks and schedules required to accomplish
goals and continuous improvement in the process.
- Perform advanced quality system responsibilities in accordance
with product control manual.
- Assist in organizing and understanding customer satisfaction
based upon product and service performance.
- Effectively communicate customer's issues and perspectives to
all plant personnel, including floor level, on a routine and timely
basis. Works directly with all departments in quality issues and in
preventative and corrective actions.
- Facilitate problem solving activity through TQM, team building
and quality systems tools and methods. Works with the line and
process supervisors in identifying negative quality trends and
repetitive defects. Assist in the problem solving process.
- Establish customer relationships by ensuring consistency of 5
UPS, making customer visits as appropriate and assisting in
implementing customer quality management systems.
- Investigate customer complaints and work with appropriate
management to resolve issues. Assist process managers in preparing
customer complaint responses and maintain data base on all customer
- Apply technical expertise in problem identification in the
following areas: Glass properties/bottles design/attributes
Line/handling requirements Carton
specifications/makeup/requirements Customer processing Fracture
- Administration of in-plant and outside warehouse GMP programs
and may direct outside warehouse reselect activity.
- Responsible for coordinating plant activities to execute
- Ensure plant quality system incorporates all facets of regional
and global quality systems to include standard operating
procedures. Grade 9By Exception only & must be approved by Area
Director, Regional HR, & VP Ops (utilize Grade Progression
- 11+ years of quality experience
- Meeting/Exceeding expectations in current role.
- Assume ownership of the finished products (post selecting)
operations in the plant, including load building center, reselect
operations, finished goods auditing, and held ware.
- Work with team to develop procedure to ensure that all packages
are built to customer specification and finished goods meet all
quality standards prior to shipment. Includes managing the positive
release for the factory.
- Utilize direct report to standardize and audit critical
operational control points and ensure compliance.
- Ensure finished product auditing is completed in a timely
manner and determine disposition of product.
- Oversee the resort functions in the facility. Ensure rework is
satisfactorily completed to ensure compliance to customer
- Responsible for the Safety, Quality and Production aspects of
the plant Load building and Reselect areas.
- Team is responsible for customer and company audit
facilitation.SCOPE AND IMPACTWork directly with all departments in
quality issues and in preventative and corrective actions. Serve as
plant leader and primary participant in all supplier certification
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Experience in a supervisory role as well as 2-4 years relevant
experience with specialized or technical knowledge in Total
- Management, problem solving, and customer interaction.REPORTING
RELATIONSHIPS (Include a current organization chart; include both
old & new org charts for Department re-organizations)This position
reports to the Plant Manager.Grade 7-8: Direct reports to this
position include: Assistant Quality ManagersGrade 9: Direct report
to this position include: Assistant Quality Manager,
Loadbuilding/Resort Line Leaders TRAVEL REQUIREMENTSThere may be
some travel associated with this position for training and/or
project work.Must be able to perform the essential functions of the
job with or without reasonable accommodations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process,
or in order to perform the essential functions of a position,
please contact O-I at email@example.com and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information.
Keywords: O-I, Bloomington , Plant Quality Manager, Professions , Streator, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!