Production Shift Supervisor
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne? A cold
beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water
to quench your thirst? Well, it was probably made by us. We are O-I
and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure,
sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's
best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high
quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food,
non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
The Production Shift Supervisor responsibilities:
- Ensures quality and productivity by monitoring and performing
mechanical, visual, and informational system checks.
- Reviews shift operation and makes decisions and implements
actions relative to changes on shifts that may impact processing,
procedures, personnel, equipment, and customer requirements.
- Makes recommendations regarding how plant operations can
further improve to meet service, quality, safety and productivity
- Ensures that all people in work group are adequately trained
and are knowledgeable of department procedures.
- Monitors job change progress through work force and assists in
- Delegates assignments and monitors responsibilities of work
groups that affect the throughput, quality and safety of shift
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines employees as needed per labor
contract and sound employee relations practices. Handles 1st step
- Responsible for administrative duties involving time records,
production reports, general correspondence, absentee and vacation
schedules, safety investigations, and disciplinary records.
- Inputs key shift performance indicators into production
- Analyzes blank and mold design, operating temperatures, machine
set up, bottle handling equipment, lehr operations, etc. and makes
appropriate recommendations / assignments.
- Makes inspections of forehearth, feeders, machine loading and
operation, ware handling, employee job performance, etc.
- Audits for process control and enforces standardized work.
- Completes SAP production confirmations.
In The First 6 Months, You'll
- Supervises hourly employees in the continuous operation of the
plant's production activities.
- Assist in maintaining focus on overall plant goals, safety,
continuous process improvements, good labor relations climate, and
outstanding quality and production efficiencies.
What We Offer At O-I
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement.
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution &
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- and much more---
The Production Shift Supervisor should have:
- Minimum requirement of High School Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience supervising/leading people and
processes in a Manufacturing environment.
- Must have significant understanding of Flow Manufacturing
concepts that use Continuous Improvement and Kaizen events.
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious
and collaborative, we'd like to hear from you.
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that
attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture
that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while
encouraging growth and rewarding performance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order
to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact
O-I at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact
Keywords: O-I, Bloomington , Production Shift Supervisor, Professions , Streator, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!