Business System Analyst
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Our client is seeking a Business Systems Analyst for a long term
This individual would review, analyze, and evaluate business
systems and user needs. They would formulate systems to parallel
overall business strategies. This candidate would write detailed
descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required
to develop or modify computer programs.Requires a bachelor's degree
in area of specialty and 10+ years of experience in the field or in
a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts,
practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and
judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity
and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and conduct short-term and long-range business
planning. Conduct complex modeling, forecasting, trending, variance
analysis, business case development, and other operational analysis
(e.g., operational effectiveness, budget, resource, workload,
workforce and capacity utilization, competitor, etc.).
- Monitor and coordinate activities to manage operational
performance (e.g., safety, reliability, service level,
productivity, etc.) and make recommendations for improvement.
- Identify, qualify, develop, and process reserve fiber contracts
with new or existing customers within the service territory
leveraging existing or planned fiber network builds
- Successfully conduct customer fiber and data infrastructure
needs assessments; identify suitable solutions based on those
needs; develop, present and follow up on written proposals
- Timely and accurate reporting of reserved fiber leasing
activity and opportunities
- Act as a liaison between the customer, internal personnel and
contractors during the design, construction, installation, and
service activation process.
- Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the
operation's business scorecard or key performance indicators
- Prepare and analyze comprehensive and detailed reports.
- Develop, organize and present detailed performance reports for
both internal and external use.
- May develop, implement, evaluate or lead projects or
initiatives (e.g., business plan or process improvement
- Provide broad analytical and operational support to the
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or functional
equivalent with 8 + years related business experience
- Experience in business development in a utility, telecom, data
communications, or ISP environments
- Working knowledge of data and telecommunication industry and
- Experienced in creating and presenting written proposals to
- Good problem-solving skills, positive and results oriented
- Familiarity with new and emerging telecommunications
technology, including but not limited to fiber optics, new fiber
builds requiring laterals into buildings, FTTX, 5G, PLTE, Broadband
services with a willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable standards, methods,
processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance
metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position
(e.g., fiber operations, asset management, electric or gas
operations, customer service, transmission and substation,
distribution system operations, regulatory and external affairs,
transmission operations and planning).
- Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (e.g.,
Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized
business technologies and applications (e.g., Salesforce or other
CRM communication platforms)
- Customer driven with good oral and written communications
skills and strong analytical, problem solving and project
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and
principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap
analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance. Ability to analyze
organizational data and complex problems, interpret and recommend
alternative courses of action, and implement intervention
strategies to attain performance targets.
Keywords: Modis, Bloomington , Business System Analyst, Professions , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!