HMC /VMC setup Operator
Company: Sigma Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
MDC20 HMC /VMC setup Operator, Bloomington, IL, 2 Months
Sigma Inc is looking for an HMC /VMC setup Operator for their
facility in Bloomington, IL.
Shift: 7:30 pm - 06:00 AM EST
Sets up and operates computer numerically controlled horizontal or
vertical lathe or machining center to perform machining operations
such as turning, boring, facing, and threading parts such as
castings, forgings, and bar stock by performing the following
duties in the advanced level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to
determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up,
and operating requirements.
- Can find correct locations in machine tool program to do a
- Can load any program from supervisors work station to any
machine controller in their work area.
- Mounts work piece between centers, in chuck, or in
- Selects and installs preset tooling in tool posts, turrets or
indexing heads, and automatic tool change magazine, in sequence
specified on process sheet.
- Depresses buttons, and starts machining operation on one or
more machine tools simultaneously.
- Observes numerical displays on control panel and compares with
data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed
rates, and speeds of machining cuts.
- Turns dials and switches to override control and correct
machine performance after authorization from area
- Inspects first run piece and spot checks succeeding pieces for
conformance to specifications.
- Studies job packet and organizes materials for next run during
automatic controlled cycles to shorten changeover time.
- Pre-sets tools before positioning them in machine.
- Maintain clean and neat work area , including machine and floor
. Required to have machine , floor and work area clean at the start
of on coming shift.
- Operator required to fill out time cards ,process sheets ,tub
cards completely and accurately and complete reject tags on all
nonconforming material and place in proper location by the end of
- High school diploma or general education degree
- (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education.
- Must complete geometric and tolerance class at MDC.
- Minimum of two to three years experience in this job
- Must have completed one or more machine set-ups with a high
degree of difficulty and be able to set-up and produce a quality
prototype piece part on all types of controllers solely on their
- Must be able to edit all programs on all types of controllers
in their work area after authorization from supervisor.
- Must be able to interpret and incorporate SPC data to help
maintain process capability at the machine.
- Must have instant visual resignation of all types of inserts
and tooling used in their area.
- Must have knowledge and the ability to use all types of gaging
used in their work area.
- Must have an adequate knowledge of the most common "1E "
- Must be able to read and interpret most geometric dimensions
and tolerances on blue prints.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
Keywords: Sigma Inc, Bloomington , HMC /VMC setup Operator, Other , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!