Ultrasound & Vascular Tech - Carle BroMenn
Posted on: August 7, 2022
$5,000 Sign on bonus - External ApplicantsPerforms diagnostic
general radiological procedures utilizing various imaging equipment
to assist in diagnosis of disease and injuries. This may include
Cat Scan and C-arm units. Performs general, OB and some vascular
Ultrasound. May also perform breast Ultrasound. Responsible for
screening, scheduling, and directing patients to appropriate
locations and services within the Imaging Department. Maintains
working knowledge of all Radiology and Vascular / Cardiac U/S exams
and procedures. Assists with the training of new staff. Proficient
in scheduling all Radiology and Vascular / Cardiac U/S exams. Must
know all preps for each Radiology and Vascular / Cardiac U/S exams
- Performs routine and complex sonography imaging by acquiring
and processing patient exams in accordance with accreting bodies
and/or manufacturer guidelines and as outlined in department
protocols. Selects proper sonography protocols and techniques to
obtain optimal data. Reviews cases with the radiologist when
appropriate. Reviews labs and patient history to perform correct
- Responsible to review radiology orders for completeness and
accuracy. Reviews patient history and supporting clinical data for
medical necessity. Takes steps to acquire additional information if
needed from the patient, ordering provider and/or Radiologist.
- Demonstrates acceptable imaging quality standards by critiquing
positioning, technical factors and alignment. Reviews patient data
for accuracy, quality and completeness.
- Transfers and verifies image data in PACS and other digital and
reporting systems providing necessary medical history and
information for Radiologist interpretation. Utilizes the web
servers and email systems to send exams for preliminary readings
- Responsible for maintaining imaging equipment and workplace
environment including maintaining supply inventories and
orderliness of work area. Recognizes malfunctions and service needs
and reports service needs in a timely manner.
- Ensures patient, visitor and environmental safety. Reports
safety events immediately including those that are a near
- Assists in instruction of students and new staff as necessary.
May perform duties of Sono Lead or Imaging Coordinator in his/her
- Meets productivity levels as established by department
benchmarking. Assists other areas during downtimes so to maintain
- May be required to perform duties of other modalities within
the department to which licensers are held by the
- Complies with other job descriptions of cross-trained
modalities also performed within the department.
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Ultrasound & Vascular Tech - Carle BroMenn, Other , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!