Registration Specialist - Outpatient
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Responsible for obtaining registration information, insurance
information and verification, and authorizations from new and
established patients. Responsible for screening, scheduling and
directing patients to appropriate providers and services. Conveys a
positive image of Carle and providers information to patients to
fully utilize and benefit from Carle services both on the telephone
and face-to-face and to ensure that needs of patients are met.
Checks patients in upon their arrival for scheduled appointments
and facilitates up-front collection of co-payments.
- Accurately and efficiently completes registration for new and
- Checks patients in upon their arrival for scheduled
- Accurately explains and completes registration and admitting
forms. Obtains signatures from patients and policyholders. Explains
and gets patient signatures for Consents, Assignment of Benefits,
ABN's and Notice of Non Coverage forms.
- Performs tasks related to cash drawer management including
- Requests, locates, sends and receives patient medical records
- Understands computer applications common to the desk
- Receives all incoming telephone calls.
- Checks patients out in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Demonstrates customer service excellence in accordance to Carle
- Adheres to and enforces Carle policies and procedures.
- Attends meetings to enhance knowledge.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and enforces Carle Foundation Administrative and
Departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in all aspects of the Patient Services
- Suggests ways to improve processes.
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Registration Specialist - Outpatient, Other , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!