Certified Medical Assistant/Registered Medical Assistant - General Surgery
Posted on: May 10, 2022
The Certified Medical Assistant / Registered Medical Assistant
performs routine administrative and patient care support duties in
a medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the
examination and treatment of patients and ensures that the office
- Rooming patients: Collecting pertinent information regarding
the patient's chief complaint, family history, social history,
surgical history, and medication reconciliation upon arrival for a
- Telephone Interactions: As directed, completing necessary
telephone communications with patients, families, pharmacies,
and/or other health care facilities. Gathering information and
maintaining patient information via telephone per department
specific processes and policies.
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, patient
check in or check out, prior authorizations, scheduling
appointments, verification of benefits, and coordination of
referrals and testing.
- Office procedures as directed and per department specific
competencies. May perform procedures such as suture or staple
removal, application or removal of casts at the direction of a
- Provide patient with written instructions regarding procedures,
medications, or follow up instructions at the direction of the
provider. CMA staff may retrieve and provide condition specific
education from the internet, internal website, or printed materials
per the provider directions and orders.
- Administer medications per the provider order.
- Provide assistance with prescription medication refills per
department protocols. Call medications into pharmacies, notify
patients of refills, and documents actions within the EMR per
- Maintain department specific competencies related to point of
care testing, equipment handling, and specialty training.
- Assist physicians with office-based procedures
- Suture and/or staple removal under the direction of the RN
- Collects and process patient specimens correctly
- Enters patient medical history and medication reconciliation
into each patient's medical record
- Completes MRI screening tool in patient's medical record,
provide return to work/school documentation to patients
- Electronic transmission of patient records to outside providers
under the direction of the RN, APP or MD
- Stocks and orders supplies.
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Certified Medical Assistant/Registered Medical Assistant - General Surgery, Other , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!