New Business Development Account Representative
Company: Tech Air
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Airgas USA, LLC
New Business Development Account Representative
Benefits - Consistent Hours - Stability
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan
with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S.
supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as
hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers
of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products
and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million
customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services
and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,400
locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access
telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, a world leader in
gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas
offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading
technology and innovations. Airgas' customer base includes but is
not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy,
hospitality, food service, and many more.
Under general supervision, the Sales Representative serves
customers by selling products to businesses, industrial and medical
establishments, or individuals at sales office, store, showroom or
customer's place of business. Meets customers' needs and resolves
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work
schedule to call on existing or potential customers/prospects by
traveling throughout territory or talking with customers on sales
floor or telephone.
- Focus should be on new sustainable Business versus one time
Sales or Short Term Projects.
- Compiles list of prospective customers for use as sales leads,
based on information from newspapers, business directories, trade
journals, and other sources.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of
product and volume used by customers/prospects depending on
industry or trade factor by displaying or demonstrating product
using catalog or samples and emphasizing sellable features. Sales
representatives must be able to explain types of gases and uses to
- Prepares sales proposal by quoting pricing, credit terms,
estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of
company's production and delivery schedules using software program
set up by company.
- Prepares sales contract for orders obtained and submits order
to appropriate company personnel.
- Keeps management informed by maintaining and submitting
activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work
plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required by
company's policies and procedures.
- Meets with manager to discuss special accounts, projects and
- Obtains approval from credit department for new
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace
information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules,
merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service and policy by
evaluating results and competitive developments and discussions
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems,
developing solutions, preparing memos/reports, and making
recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks with other technical people and
vendors and participating in professional societies.
- Protects operation of company by keeping financial, production,
sales and marketing information and plans confidential.
- Maintain a professional presence and demeanor that is
reflective of a corporate image.
- Assist with store inventories as well as possibly provide
backup during vacations and other instances of personnel
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university or one
to two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience selling medical, specialty or industrial
gases and equipment to independent distributors and customers while
working for an industrial or specialty gas producer.
- Industry experience preferred and related product knowledge is
- Negotiating and selling skills required with a proven record of
achieving or exceeding assigned sales goals.
- Computer proficiency and intermediate knowledge of MS Word,
Excel and Outlook.
- Prior experience with SAP order entry software, a definite
- Valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle with
insurance coverage as required by company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent presentation and good negotiating and public speaking
- Knowledge of corresponding geographical area.
- Ability to drive and walk considerable distances on a daily
basis (5-100 miles per day).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter,
self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted
personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to
focus and pay attention detail.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions,
percentages, rations, and proportions to practical
- Ability to read speak, write, spell and understand the English
- Moderate work processing skills including windows.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs., climb, reach and
perform various physical maneuvers to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and background.
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle with insurance
coverage as required by company.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather
conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Tech Air, Bloomington , New Business Development Account Representative, Other , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!