CT Tech Hoopeston
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The CT Technologist performs computerized axial tomography
procedures utilizing various imaging equipment and contrast
material. Prepares and administers contrast material based on Carle
policies and procedures.
- Performs computerized axial tomography procedures and assigned
invasive procedures by acquiring and processing patient exams in
accordance with accreting bodies and/or manufacturer guidelines and
as outlined in department protocols. This includes performing
multiplanar reformats and/or 3D rendered images independently.
Reviews cases with the radiologist when appropriate. Reviews labs
and patient history to perform correct exam. Screens the patient
for possibility of pregnancy and performs pregnancy testing if
- Ensures patient, visitor and environmental safety. Reports
safety events immediately including those that are a near
- Assists in instruction of students and new staff as necessary.
May perform duties of CT Lead or Imaging Coordinator in his/her
- Meets productivity levels as established by department
benchmarking. Assists other areas during downtimes so to maintain
- May be required to perform duties of other modalities within
the department to which licensers are held by the
- Complies with other job descriptions of cross-trained
modalities also performed within the department.
- Required secondary registries are not required for cross
trained modalities at HRHC unless otherwise required by specific
compliance, licensure, or accrediting bodies.
- Administers IV contrast syringes, and oral/rectal contrasts
when appropriate and recognizes and responds to any adverse
reactions or allergic reactions. Administers IV contrast material
by means of existing IV line or by performing veni-puncture and
placing IV line.
- Responsible to review radiology orders for completeness and
accuracy. Reviews patient history and supporting clinical data for
medical necessity. Takes steps to acquire additional information if
needed from the patient, ordering provider and/or Radiologist.
- Demonstrates acceptable imaging quality standards by critiquing
positioning, technical factors and alignment. Reviews patient data
for accuracy, quality and completeness.
- Transfers and verifies image data in PACS and provides
necessary medical history and information for Radiologist
interpretation. Utilizes the web server/EA viewer and email system
to send exams for preliminary readings after hours.
- Responsible for maintaining imaging equipment and workplace
environment including maintaining supply inventories and
orderliness of work area. Recognizes malfunctions and service needs
and reports service needs in a timely manner.
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , CT Tech Hoopeston, Other , Colfax, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!