Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - Convenient Care
Posted on: September 16, 2021
The Certified Medical Assistant / Registered Medical Assistant
performs routine administrative and patient care support duties in
a medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the
examination and treatment of patients and ensures that the office
- Rooming patients: Collecting pertinent information regarding
the patient's chief complaint, vital signs and medication
reconciliation upon arrival for a patient visit.
- Telephone Interactions: As directed, completing necessary
telephone communications with patients, families, pharmacies,
and/or other health care facilities. Gathering information and
maintaining patient information via telephone per department
specific processes and policies.
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, prior
authorizations, scheduling appointments, verification of benefits,
and coordination of referrals and testing.
- Office procedures as directed and per department specific
competencies. May perform procedures such as suture or staple
removal, application or removal of one step splints at the
direction of a provider, reading results of negative TB skin tests
or steering patient to the care of a department nurse when TB
screening appears to have indications of a positive read, and other
diagnostic testing at the point of care.
- Provide patient with written instructions regarding procedures,
medications, or follow up instructions at the direction of the
provider. CMA staff may retrieve and provide condition specific
education from the internet, internal website, or printed materials
per the provider directions and orders.
- Administer medications for adults per the provider order.
- Provide assistance with prescription medication refills per
department protocols. Call medications into pharmacies, notify
patients of refills, and documents actions within the EMR per
- Maintain department specific competencies related to point of
care testing, equipment handling, and specialty training.
- Obtain vitals and collect data for patients to be seen by
- Perform waiting room and exam room rounding.
- Assist providers with procedures.
- Perform procedures, not limited to, EKG, ear washes, vision
screening, dressing changes, wound care, suture/staple removal,
point of care testing and splint application.
- Clean and prepare instrument for sterilization and sterilize
instruments when appropriate.
- Collect and process specimens correctly.
- Member of the code team.
- Administer adult medications via Intramuscular, Subcutaneous
and oral to adults. Inhalation therapy to adult and pediatric
- Apply and charge for Durable Medical Equipment as
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - Convenient Care, Other , Towanda, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!