RN - Performance Improvement Quality Specialist
Posted on: September 10, 2021
This position provides ongoing assessment of performance,
facilitates prioritization of improvement activities, oversees
performance improvement projects and ensures successful clinical
project implementation throughout the organization. Plans,
organizes, develops and maintains a comprehensive performance
improvement program to ensure compliance with all state, federal
and accreditation standards. Collects, compiles and analyzes data
and prepares summaries of outcomes and compliance. Serves as a
clinical quality and internal consultant to the inpatient nursing
units, clinical support services and members of the medical staff
at Carle Foundation Hospital. Implements clinical quality tracking
and reporting tools to enable the analysis of data relating to key
indicators of clinical outcomes and quality. Partners with
designated areas in data collection, analysis and reporting of
quality and performance improvement data. Participates in process
improvement teams and in the development strategies to improve
clinical processes, patient health outcomes, regulatory compliance
and the cost-effectiveness of care.
- Supports implementation of clinical practices. May support and
facilitate implementation and performance improvement activities
related to or resulting from patient safety, harm reduction,
clinical performance and compliance with the requirements of
regulatory and accrediting agencies such as DNV, CMS, IDPH, and
Quality Improvement Organizations.
- Translates quality metric data into meaningful configurations
to enhance transparency.
- Interprets quality data to participate and lead performance
- Develop content, facilitate and lead performance improvement
education and training throughout the system.
- Leads presentations on project status and recommendations.
- Work in collaboration with the team to ensure performance
improvement methodologies (PDSA) and lean principles are integrated
into the culture for improving outcomes.
- Participates or facilitates in performance improvement
- Track progress for process improvement events to ensure
completed and documented improvements are realized and
- Incorporate risk, quality, performance improvement and patient
safety principles into assigned activities and workflow.
- Provide timely and accurate reports, graphical data displays
and/or presentations to appropriate individuals, committees, groups
- Utilize EMR and other appropriate computer programs as
necessary to complete job responsibilities.
- Manage/coordinate, and/or support the quality, patient safety
and performance improvement programs across the organization.
- Serve as a quality representative on committees/workgroups and
support ongoing initiatives to help minimize risk and support
ongoing evidence of effectiveness.
- Tracks and reports quality outcomes and unit trends to
management, physician teams, and bedside nurses.
- Evaluates current practices and implements evidence-based
practice recommendations for change.
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , RN - Performance Improvement Quality Specialist, Other , Colfax, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!