Culinary Services Cook
Company: Meadows Retirement Community
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Cook will prepare the day and evening meals as well as
perform and monitor the day-to-day operations of the kitchen within
policies established by the Board of Trustees and in compliance
with the standards set by applicable Federal and State governmental
- High School diploma preferred.
- Sanitation certification preferred.
- Long-term care cooking experience preferred, including
knowledge of food preparation tasks and equipment.
- Minimum of one year working with the elderly and their family
- Able to work on their feet for 8 hours or more a day.
- Must be cheerful and respectful when dealing with others,
including staff, residents and visitors.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Able to read, write and follow oral and written
- Must have good eyesight with or without glasses/contacts to be
able to proof read tray cards and correspondence to or from
Dietitian, staff, residents and/or their family members.
- Ability to meet the public tactfully and to relate well with
the elderly and their significant others and family members.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete pre-employment back
screen exam for this position as well as an annual body mechanics
- Must be able to access all areas of the Health Center and
Administration building via four flights of stairs where stairs,
elevators and automatic doors are available.
- Coordinates food preparation needs such as thawing meat for
upcoming menus, preparing desserts and salads and anything else
involved in preparing all complete meals.
- Cleans work area, trays, carts and dishes.
- Cooperates with other dining services workers, other
departments, and residents and their families.
- Becomes familiar with other dining services positions as needed
and assigned due to absences.
- Attends dining service staff meetings and other
- Helps put away food/grocery orders when delivered.
- Records receipt of donated foods and/or produce.
- Reports supply shortages to the Director of Dining
- Dates and monitors all foods placed in storage.
- Reports maintenance needs to the Director of Dining Services
and Director of Maintenance.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Keywords: Meadows Retirement Community, Bloomington , Culinary Services Cook, Other , Chenoa, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!