Production Shift Supervisor - Streator, IL
Company: Owens-Illinois Global Glass
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold
beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water
to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I
and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure,
sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's
best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high
quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food,
non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
The Production Shift Supervisor should have:
- Minimum requirement of High School Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience supervising/leading people and
processes in a Manufacturing environment
- Must have significant understanding of Flow Manufacturing
concepts that use Continuous Improvement and Kaizen events.
- Ensures quality and productivity by monitoring and performing
mechanical, visual, and informational system checks.
- Reviews shift operation and makes decisions and implements
actions relative to changes on shifts that may impact processing,
procedures, personnel, equipment, and customer requirements.
- Makes recommendations regarding how plant operations can
further improve to meet service, quality, safety and productivity
- Ensures that all people in work group are adequately trained
and are knowledgeable of department procedures
- Monitors job change progress through work force and assists in
- Delegates assignments and monitors responsibilities of work
groups that affect the throughput, quality and safety of shift
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines employees as needed per labor
contract and sound employee relations practices. Handles 1st step
- Responsible for administrative duties involving time records,
production reports, general correspondence, absentee and vacation
schedules, safety investigations, and disciplinary records.
- Inputs key shift performance indicators into production
- Analyzes blank and mold design, operating temperatures, machine
set up, bottle handling equipment, lehr operations, etc. and makes
appropriate recommendations / assignments.
- Makes inspections of forehearth, feeders, machine loading and
operation, ware handling, employee job performance, etc.
- Audits for process control and enforces standardized work.
- Completes SAP production confirmations
In the first 6 months, you'll:
- Supervises hourly employees in the continuous operation of the
plant's production activities.
- Assist in maintaining focus on overall plant goals, safety,
continuous process improvements, good labor relations climate, and
outstanding quality and production efficiencies.
What we offer at O-I:
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution &
- Comprehensive benefits package
- and much more
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open,
curious and collaborative, we'd like to hear from you.
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that
attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture
that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while
encouraging growth and rewarding performance.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order
to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact
O-I at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information.
Keywords: Owens-Illinois Global Glass, Bloomington , Production Shift Supervisor - Streator, IL, Other , Streator, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!