Social Services Director
Company: Meadows Retirement Community
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Maintains a relationship with every resident in the facility and
works with individual residents, their families, and staff
concerning any social, emotional, or environmental problems
affecting the well-being of the resident or refers them to
- A genuine and positive interest in older persons and their
- The motivation to work with older persons in an effort to
maintain their highest quality of life.
- Capable, mature, skillful in relating to residents, family
members, staff, and community resources.
- A positive attitude that is helpful in social and emotional
- Graduate of a social work program approved by the Council on
Social Work Education.
- Licensed in the State of Illinois or license-eligible.
- Minimum one year experience in a health care setting.
- Responsible for the admission process for all new residents.
Review admission paperwork with resident and or responsible
- Aid in the resident's adjustment to the facility.
- Serve as liaison between facility and resident family
- Serve as resident advocate. Be available for residents to
approach regarding problems, concerns, questions, etc. Provide
support and assistance in times of social/emotional crisis.
- Upon admission, complete and place in the residents' chart a
Social History and update annually.
- Document in the residents' chart quarterly progress notes and
social service assessment. Document any significant social service
interventions as appropriate.
- Participate in weekly care plan meetings. Review and/or
complete social service related sections of the MDS2, quarterly
assessment, and RAPS.
- Review and obtain signatures on Social Service Orientation
(Level I SS requirements) upon admission and annually with resident
and/or responsible party.
- Keep resident contracts complete and current.
- Counsel residents/family members on services/programs available
and assist in applying for services, such as Medicare, Circuit
Breakers, Public Aid, LTC Insurance, Veteran Benefits, etc.
- Coordinate Public Aid paperwork including 2248, 1156, OBRA RR2
and bed holds.
- Educate residents, responsible parties, staff, and community on
Advance Directives. Keep copies of current Advance Directives on
medical record and in file for hospital.
- Be knowledgeable and remain current on state and federal
requirements for social service within the nursing home
- Secure extra services as needed, such as but not limited to;
eye glasses, doctor appointments, hearing aids, telephone,
newspaper, clothing, and other personal needs.
- Arrange transportation for residents as needed through
- Coordinate admission inquiries along with the Director of
Nursing and Administrator.
- Coordinate the transfer of residents within the facility,
communicate with residents, family members, and staff. Be
supportive of needs of resident, family members and others who may
- Assist in discharge planning and document appropriately in care
plan and medical record.
- Serve as staff coordinator and recorder of the Resident
- Attend weekly department manager meetings.
- Coordinate quality assurance for social service with the
Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Serve on other facility committees as requested.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops as requested to
keep abreast of current trends in gerontological practices.
- Prepares the annual social service department budget and
- Works in cooperation with all other departments.
- Represents Meadows Mennonite Retirement Community as
appropriate in community, church, or health related agencies and
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Keywords: Meadows Retirement Community, Bloomington , Social Services Director, Other , Chenoa, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!