Minimum Data Set Coordinator
Company: Meadows Retirement Community
Posted on: June 7, 2021
MUST BE A LPN OR RN
Minimum Data Set Coordinator (MDS) is a Registered Nurse that
performs assessments on residents as mandated by the State of
Illinois and federal regulations for the Centers for Medicare and
Medicaid. The MDS Coordinator collects important data, compiles it,
and submits for care reimbursement.
- Registered Nurse licensed, in good standing with the State of
Illinois, previous experience working with MDS; certification as
- Graduate from accredited nursing school; certification as MDS
- Minimum of 3-5 years nursing in long-term care; minimum one
year working with MDS.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form.
- Must be creative, flexible, and understanding;
- Comprehensive understanding of medical records guidelines and
- Ability to convey a strong support for Meadows Mennonite
Retirement Community's ministry to staff, community and supporting
churches and to support the mission statement.
- Ability to relate well with the elderly, family members and key
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills; must have working knowledge of
Microsoft operating system, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
experience with database management.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Must have good vision with or without glasses/contacts in order
to perform weekly data entry and review correspondence before being
sent out to the public and/or Meadows Mennonite Retirement
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete pre-employment fitness
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to residents, friends,
families, and staff.
- Keeps current with federal and state regulations including
- Monitors the resident chart and ensures proper coding and
transmit electronically in a timely manner.
- Acts as coordinator and leader of the MDS process ensuring that
all departments are current with the MDS process and that any
triggered additional assessments and documentation are
- The MDS Coordinator is the center of care plan coordination
insuring the individual resident's needs and preferences are
planned for and practiced.
- The MDS Coordinator schedules resident care plans and acts as a
liaison between the resident/legal representative and the
- Coordinate with other team to carry out the treatment for the
- Operates computer software to enter and retrieve data.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
Keywords: Meadows Retirement Community, Bloomington , Minimum Data Set Coordinator, Other , Chenoa, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!