Company: First Financial Corporation Indiana
Posted on: June 7, 2021
First Financial Bank
Residential Lending Manager
Originates first mortgage loans, promotes the financial
institution and its products and services to the real estate
community and helps to identify and serve the community's financial
needs through home loan counseling, real estate agent seminars and
sales meetings, and by participating in and promoting First
Financial Corporation's community activities. To increase the FFC's
presence and competitiveness within a targeted market while
ensuring high quality customer service and maximum profitability.
Primarily assigned to originate loans in the Terre Haute market.
However, may be deployed to other regions as needed.
Typical Job Entry Requirements
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Minimum two years banking experience with an emphasis on
- Familiarity with mortgage loan documents and mortgage loan
processing. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance,
Economics, Accounting, or Liberal Arts preferred, but not
- Good oral and written communication skills in order to
effectively communicate with customers and real estate agents.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple
tasks is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend training materials, financial
institution communications and related loan manuals.
- Ability to learn and follow policies regarding the lending
- Strong customer service, sales, organizational and
interpersonal skills also required.
(Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Meets or exceeds loan portfolio, fee income and any other
production goals as defined by supervisor.
- Solicit first mortgage loans within market areas. Informs
prospective loan clients of FFC's underwriting guidelines and
applicable government regulations.
- Personally interviews all loan applicants.
- Completes each loan application and all pre-processing
functions in a timely manner to permit the good faith estimate to
be mailed within the required time period.
- Screens loan requests based on the bank's policies and on types
of loans offered.
- Works with processing team to ensure ordering of appraisals,
credit reports, appropriate background or other information as
needed on residential loan applicants.
- Maintains familiarity with new legislation and regulations that
may affect residential lending policies and/or products. Ensures
compliance with new rules by implementing appropriate changes.
- Personally answers incoming telephone calls and schedules
- Communicates complex approvals and denials to the borrower,
real estate agent or builder.
- Maintains and submits a source-of-business or other requested
business development log within required timeframe to
- Distributes market data, rate flyers, and general loan
information to real estate community as directed by
- Promotes and participates in the bank's special credit programs
and other CRA programs.
- Actively participates in local business and community
activities and maintains close contact with local builders, real
estate agents, customers and prospects.
- Cross-sells other bank products as required by management.
- Assists target area banking centers with Saturday hours for
loan processing as needed.
- Assists in other regional locations as directed by
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Provides Proper Telephone Etiquette to Internal/External
- Services Internal/External Customer Requests/Inquiries
- Reviews Required Documentation for Accuracy and
- Recognizes and Follows Through on referral Opportunities
- Personal Development as Established with Manager
This position requires compliance with the SAFE Act Mortgage
Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing
employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements,
including acceptable background investigation results
Bank Secrecy Act
- Maintain sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Bank
Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing/PATRIOT
Act and OFAC regulations
- To be able to fulfill applicable requirements and
responsibilities under the bank's related policies and
Competency / Skill Level
(The behaviors, knowledge, and motivations important to success
in the job.)
- Written and Oral Communication skills
- Persuasiveness/Sales Ability
- Customer Service Orientation
- Problem Assessment and Solving Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
Critical Job Elements
- Generally good working environment with little exposure to
noise, extreme temperatures or other adverse factors.
- Ability to drive required.
- Limited physical effort required.
- Above average energy level required.
- Above average amount of pressure to work efficiently and
- Considerable effort and eye strain from continued checking on
the accuracy of all work leaving department.
- Above average mental effort consisting of beyond normal levels
of concentration, memory, complexity of decision making, time
pressure, analytical thinking.
Keywords: First Financial Corporation Indiana, Bloomington , Mortgage Originator, Other , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!