POSITION: Certified Nursing Assistant
SCHEDULE: Full-Time 7a-3p Every other weekend every other Tues &
FACILITY: Pontiac Correctional Center
LOCATION: Pontiac, Illinois
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family:
a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care
companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that
health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply
care for those in need and the corrections environment is our
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health
manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing,
Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as
appropriate, the CNA will assist nursing staff with daily
The Certified Nursing Assistant will assist nursing staff in
direct patient care activities as assigned.
- Assists inmates with activities of daily living such as
feeding, bathing, bed making, shaving, dressing and other related
- Assists in checking vital signs, height and weight as assigned;
collects and maintains records of fluid intake and output; reports
on the condition of inmates.
- Follows established inflection control practices and emergency
- Assists inmates in wheel chairs, on stretchers and
- Promotes and encourages patient hydration and elimination.
- Assists inmates with ambulation, turning and repositioning, and
range of motion activities.
- Cleanse bedside units, workrooms and equipment; assists nursing
staff with washing and sterilizing equipment.
- Prepares and maintains written reports and records as
- Assists with medications ordinarily self-administered when
specifically ordered by a physician.
- Responds to call lights promptly and courteously.
- Receives formal and on the job training in the theory and
techniques of direct care support.
- Receives close supervision; work is reviewed through
inspections and observations.
- Maintains confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction,
perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc., and facility
regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress Code
- Schedule/time sheet
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which
includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and
health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered
while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in
buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
TRAVEL: No travel required.
LICENSING: None required.
CERTIFICATION: Nursing Assistant certificate
EXPERIENCE: 0-2 years
EDUCATION: Completion of a certification program from an
accredited Nursing Assistant program.