3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic starting at $26.51/hr
Company: Federal Signal Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Install, maintain, and repair fabrication, machining, welding,
material handling, and assembly equipment.
- Install and maintain 480, 220, and 100 branch electrical
- Pipe fitting (gas, water, air, sprinkler system).
- Maintain and repair the facility.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area.
- Must be willing to do emergency callout.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete an Annual Hazardous Waste Management Training
- Knowing which materials are hazardous waste.
- Add or remove hazardous waste into accumulation containers or
- Transfer hazardous waste to or from accumulation points.
- Respond to spills, fires or explosion of hazardous waste by
Notification of Management
- Sign necessary hazardous waste manifests if authorized by
- Inspect hazardous waste accumulation areas.
- Operate and work at central accumulation points.
- Conduct task involving occupational exposure to hazardous
- Proper labeling, storage and handling of hazardous waste.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing plant
- Thorough understanding of 480 wiring, pneumatics, hydraulics,
- Knowledge of machinists' math, heating and air conditioning,
- Use of hand tools, PC, electrical testing equipment, sewer
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work at heights of 40 feet.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to read and understand hydraulic, electrical and
mechanical blue prints.
- Must pass an electrical test and a mechanical test.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High school grad or equivalent
Benefits of Employment:
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal
Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including:
annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision),
paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions
and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a
smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and
services to protect people and our plant. Founded in 1901, Federal
Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products
and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial
and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, IL, with
manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two
groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security
For more information on Federal Signal, visit:
www.federalsignal.com. The Company is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on
the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without
regard to, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information,
status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category,
characteristic, or trait under applicable law. If you require
reasonable accommodation in the application process, call Human
Resources at 630-954-2000. All other applications must be submitted
online. Vactor Mfg. Inc. is a leading manufacturer of municipal
combination catch basin/sewer cleaning vacuum trucks and industrial
vacuum loaders that clean up industrial waste or recover and
recycle valuable raw materials. Vactor is located in Streator, IL
and is a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation.
Keywords: Federal Signal Corporation, Bloomington , 3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic starting at $26.51/hr, Other , Streator, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!