Company: Federal Signal Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Determine necessary equipment and process design to manufacture
products in an economical manner while maintaining fit, form,
function and quality standards.
- Provide proper documentation, training and communication of
product/process related information to supervisors and shop
- Work with Design Engineering to make improvements in the design
of the products to reduce cost, improve quality and
- Lead process improvement projects.
- Investigate and make recommendations on the procurement of
equipment to improve the manufacturing process.
- Process Engineering Change Notices in a timely manner and
communicate those changes to the appropriate shop personnel.
- Process Engineering Change Requests in a timely manner and
investigate what is being asked to be changed to make sure it is
best for the company.
- Improve safety in manufacturing by analyzing current and
proposed manufacturing processes.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 1 - 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills and good written and oral
- Good computer skills, with knowledge of word processing and
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering,
Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering
Technology or related field is required.
Benefits of Employment:
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal
Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including:
annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision),
paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions
and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a
smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and
services to protect people and our plant. Founded in 1901, Federal
Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products
and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial
and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, IL, with
manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two
groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security
For more information on Federal Signal, visit:
www.federalsignal.com. The Company is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on
the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without
regard to, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information,
status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category,
characteristic, or trait under applicable law. If you require
reasonable accommodation in the application process, call Human
Resources at 630-954-2000. All other applications must be submitted
online. Vactor Mfg. Inc. is a leading manufacturer of municipal
combination catch basin/sewer cleaning vacuum trucks and industrial
vacuum loaders that clean up industrial waste or recover and
recycle valuable raw materials. Vactor is located in Streator, IL
and is a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation.
Keywords: Federal Signal Corporation, Bloomington , Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Streator, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!