DETAILING GROUP LEADER EXTERNAL
Location: El Paso
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Division: American Buildings Company - IL
Location: El Paso, IL, United States
Other Available Locations: N/A
Basic Job Functions:
American Buildings Company is seeking qualified applicants for the
position of Detailing Group Leader. The successful candidate will
be responsible for the following; but not limited to:
- Take care of our customers by driving the divisions successful
execution of our FOCUS statement.
- Lead and assist in achieving the companys profit goals and
common division operating goals by setting expectations for the
progress, productivity and conduct.
- Best-mark with other Nucor divisions to continually improve
operating results, competitiveness and customer preference. Work
closely with Design, R&D, and IT to improve procedures and
- Maximize department and division effectiveness through
mentoring, coaching, developing, and leading individuals to realize
and leverage their full potential.
- Develop and implement teammate training and PCIP programs as
well as provide performance appraisals and recommend compensation
adjustments based on performance.
- Provide technical expertise both over the telephone as well as
in face-to-face meetings with customers and DSMs.
- Develop and manage the annual department plans including, but
not limited to, realistic staffing, overtime requirements,
expenditures for supplies and equipment and wage increases for
- Actively involved in the division leadership especially in
areas of safety, quality, environmental, and teammate
- Display a 'Can-Do Attitude' about work that is positive and
attractive for others to follow.
- Be proficient with Tekla and help teammates utilize it as well
as develop procedures for its usage.
- Collaborate with other departments as a point of contact for
detailing related questions and to aggressively maintain the
detailing schedule in order to meet customer demands.
- Provide back-up support as necessary for the Detailing
- Work with the Trainer to implement necessary training for
advancement and development of teammates.
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor;
therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to
initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures,
and housekeeping standards at all times.
- High School diploma.
- Minimum 2 years metal building experience.
- Supervisor and/or Manager Recommendation.
- Associates Degree / Certificate with focus on Architecture,
Steel Construction or related field
- Leadership experience
- Experience with BIM modeling software
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
M/F/Disabled/Vets and a drug free workplace
Nearest Major Market: Bloomington IL
Keywords: Nucor, Bloomington , DETAILING GROUP LEADER EXTERNAL, Other , El Paso, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!