Company: Securitas Security Services Usa, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Description JOB SUMMARY:
Recruits Security Officers; places announcements for openings;
works with agencies and other sources of personnel to secure
candidates; participates in job fairs; follows up on leads.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Primary job function is
recruiting Security Officers.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are
required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of
company policies and procedures related to job safety, including
safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify
superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
Identifies potential sources for recruiting Security Officers,
such as through job fairs, associations, community organizations,
advocacy groups, government agencies, military transition centers,
vocational/technical schools, colleges and universities.
Develops ongoing effective relationships that will result in
increased applicant flow of security candidates, by on site
visitation with possible sources.
Determines effective media campaigns, with guidance from Area or
Branch management, such as advertising (print, radio, television),
posters, flyers, etc.
Conducts initial interviews prior to candidate referral to
Branch office(s) for secondary interviews and screening.
Participates in applicant screening; administers surveys and
interview enhancement tools, and refers potential candidates
contacted at job fairs, etc., for follow-up interviews.
Reviews employment applications and evaluates work history,
education and training, job skills, compensation needs, and other
qualifications and requirements of applicants.
Reviews job orders and matches applicants with job requirements,
utilizing manual or computerized file search methods.
Informs applicants of job duties and responsibilities,
compensation and benefits, work schedules and working conditions,
company and union policies, promotional opportunities, and other
Maintains records of applicants not selected for employment.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as
required for assigned office.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive
preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process, including drug screen and background
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years
of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the
job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training,
- Understanding of recruiting methods and sources, and
regulations related to the hiring process.
- Thorough understanding of standard office procedures and
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Ability to use personal computers and office productivity
- Good interviewing skills.
- Ability to write original correspondence.
- Planning, organizing, and project coordination skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects
- Strong customer and results orientation.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical
and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions.
In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential
- Occasional to frequent use of vehicle required in the
performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally
up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust
Keywords: Securitas Security Services Usa, Inc., Bloomington , Recruiter, Other , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!