Elementary Principal - 10 months - 2021-2022 - Military Veterans Preferred
Company: McLean County School District Unit 5
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Position Title: Building Principal - 10 months
Location: Cedar Ridge Elementary School
Department: School Administration
Reports to: Superintendent
FLSA Class: Exempt
Provide the leadership necessary to assure an educational
environment which is safe, attractive, and pleasant and a
productive place in which to work and learn.DUTIES
- Organize and administer the school compatibly with the policies
of the Board of Education and Superintendent.
- Serve as a contributing and responsible member of the District
- In conjunction with the staff, provide for the health, safety
and welfare of the students.
- Serve as instructional leader of the school. The principals
primary responsibilities are to promote instructional improvement
within the school, monitor student achievement, and foster staff
development activities for each staff member.
- Act as educational leader of the school and community and work
directly with Superintendent and District administration to direct
the educational program within the school and communicate changing
- Supervise and evaluate the effectiveness of each member of the
staff assigned to the school building through a formal review
- Determine teaching assignments in a timely and effective
manner. Ensure that all teachers are qualified for assigned areas
of instruction. Communicate any teaching changes with all teachers
- Responsible for all phases of pupil administration within the
- Recommend, in conjunction with school staff, purchases of
additional or replacement equipment. Ensure that Districts purchase
order procedures are followed for all purchases in building.
- Advise District office of the conditions and needs of the
school including care and cleanliness of the school building,
premises, equipment and materials.
- Responsible for the accounting of all monies belonging to the
school, or the students of the school, in accordance with the plan
of accounts required by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Establish building goals that reflect the educational
philosophy of the District.
- Develop and maintain communication systems with students,
parents, staff and other interested publics.
- Perform all other duties necessary to the position and such
other duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent.
- Bilingual Preferred
- Must have valid teaching certificate, masters degree in school
administration, four years teaching and/or school administrative
experience; such alternatives to the prior that the Board may find
appropriate and acceptable.
- Ability to manage others, communicate and work well with
parents, students, teachers, staff and other school and District
administrators is essential.
Compensation:Regionally competitive*Candidates to be interviewed
will be screened based on qualifications and experience.Apply
online at: www.unit5.org
McLean County School District Unit 5 Associated topics: chief,
director, executive director, head of school, high school
principal, middle school principal, officer, student,
superintendent, vice principal
Keywords: McLean County School District Unit 5, Bloomington , Elementary Principal - 10 months - 2021-2022 - Military Veterans Preferred, Other , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!