Registered Nurse (Obstetrics)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Duties of an Obstetrics RN :-
- Aiding doctors in the care of pregnant women, and in the
delivery of babies.
- Protects, nurtures and restores health and
- Mentors assigned team members, promotes best practices, and
maintains professional disposition always.
- Work as with a team of caregivers.
- Provide quick & comprehensive care to mothers and newborns
during antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum periods.
- Preparing delivery rooms.
- Operate & monitor medical equipment and record
relevant statistics, which include time of birth.
- Sterilizing and preparing instruments before and after
- Caring for babies immediately after birth.
- Be able to administer medications and IV solutions as and when
- Explaining after-birth care to new parents.
- Associate degree, Bachelor's degree or Diploma in
- Current RN licensure by the State Board of Nursing in
appropriate state (Illinois or Michigan).
- Current American Heart Association HealthCare BLS
Provider is required prior to start date of employment.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification.
- Inpatient Obstetric Nursing certification is preferred.
- Optional certification in obstetrics nursing.
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) and ALSO (Advanced Life
Support in Obstetrics) certification preferred, but optional.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to handle stress.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in the Obstetrics or Maternity
department of a hospital.
- Experience as an RN in a healthcare environment is
- Basic understanding of Electronic Medical Record and
Microsoft application, preferred.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Evolvinc, Bloomington , Registered Nurse (Obstetrics), Other , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!