Software Developer - Technical Architecture
Company: State Farm Insurance
Posted on: September 8, 2018
req4852 Job Title:
Software Developer - Technical Architecture Number of Openings:
1 Job Category:
Professional/Technical Employment Type:
Regular Full-Time Shift:
Bloomington, IL Would you like to help define the future of a Fortune 50 Company? State Farm is looking for you! We are seeking a Solution Designer - Technical Architect to work in an agile environment and support the needs of our Life company. Fast paced and an outcome-focused approach allows autonomy to own the design work centered on critical business and technical capabilities. If you have IT architectural experience and enjoy designing, documenting, and applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness, we want to talk to you! Life company and high level solution design experience desired. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for IT solution architecture for the Life Modernization Portfolio team. Description for Tech Arch: The ability to design business and technical solutions by analyzing and architecting solution possibilities, as well as provide designs based on architectural direction that has been set. Utilizes architectural direction to work with product teams to create and manage architectural artifacts.
This skill helps to define aspirational architecture, documents product design and architectural decisions, contributes to one or more architecture disciplines by working across the disciplines to develop the best design to meet the business/technical requirements.
Ability to work with other roles (e.g., Architects) to create and manage architectural artifacts.
Includes the ability to write and test code as needed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses an understanding of how technology solutions meet the business outcomes and offers a range of solutions for business partners; understand business current and aspirational needs
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- Develops solutions on variety of platforms according to business requirements
- Completes required coding to satisfy the defined acceptance criteria and deliver desired outcome
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations, performance, user experience, and testability
- Assists in development of automated testing and supporting code as necessary
- Completes required documentation to communicate information to deployment, maintenance, and business teams
- Utilizes agile software development practices, data and testing standards, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery, and software architecture
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset
- Designs, develops, tests and supports software in support of big data objectives
- Possesses an understanding of User Experience practices to improve usability and interaction between the customer and product
- Adopts Service Design, where appropriate, through architecture modularity to enable continuous delivery
- Considers applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; expectation of continuous innovation
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Provides input into overall testing plan; contributes to test approach and scenarios for requirements
- Provides product and/or process expertise necessary to support design, development, testing and execution of solutions
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset
This position will have an 18-month incumbency period, beginning on the effective date of the position, which must be met before the employee can post for any other lateral State Farm position. Employees may be considered for openings for Technology Engineer positions or promotional opportunities into leadership at any time, and into a promotional position within the same job structure after 6 months from the effective date of the position. In these cases, the remaining incumbency would be waived. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.
Job may require travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles
Job may require irregular work hours and travel outside normal business hours
MON18 - provided by Dice Agile, Architecture, Automated, Business Requirements, Developer, Development, Management, Source Code, Testing
Keywords: State Farm Insurance, Bloomington , Software Developer - Technical Architecture, IT / Software / Systems , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!