Technical Advisor and Quality Control Technical Lead
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Description Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? At
Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our
diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers'
success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and
operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to
do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our
community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do
business.If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can
thrive, keep reading!Leidos is seeking a full time Technical
Advisor and Quality Control Technical Lead for its Residential
Program. This is a strategically important position that will have
a large impact on an already successful organization that provides
energy program design, implementation, and consulting. This
position will provide technical expertise and assistance in the
design and curation of processes and procedures related to quality
assurance of energy efficiency related work. It will diagnose and
provide recommended solutions to situations as they arise or will
arise related to site-based weatherization and energy saving work.
The successful candidate may also be responsible for some
day-to-day oversight and leadership to field staff, subcontractors,
and contractors while improving overall productivity and
quality.Location: (Telecommute/Home office): Ameren Illinois and
Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment
opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois.
Therefore, there is strong preference for the successful candidate
to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory (roughly the
southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service
territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as
Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana,
Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt.
Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon,
Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).Candidate will
need to perform work duties in the Illinois area with travel up to
50% of the time.The Challenge:
- Work closely with the Residential Energy Efficiency Program
Manager to use quality methodology in support of program energy
saving goals and to provide a highly desirable program for Ameren
Illinois and their customers. This includes providing support to
program operational staff to respond to complex customer or ally
issues that pertain to the quality of work on residential
- Deliver weekly, monthly, and quarterly activity reports and
track progress towards individual and program goals.
- Work closely with inspectors in all aspects of program
guidelines to ensure the energy efficiency and weatherization
measures are installed safely, accurately, completely and in a
- Inspect and ensure work performed is installed per program
- Analyze report results to determine trends and utilize that
analysis to work towards proactive quality control.
- Assist with continuous internal process improvement, program
standards review, and documentation.
- Provide building science technical training to energy
efficiency program partners.
- Oversight of field equipment, including confirmation that
equipment is in calibration and ensuring equipment is maintained
and team members are trained on use of equipment.
- Research methods and provide recommendations to reduce cost and
provide higher quality of energy reducing and health & safety
options for all residential customers.
- Consistently maintain positive customer relationships, develop
and deliver effective presentations.
- Knowledge of safe work practices to ensure the job site and
personnel maintain compliance with the same.
- Must be highly motivated, well organized, self-starting, have
strong written and verbal communication skills, and work well in a
- Willingness to learn, grow and expand capabilities.
- Perform other duties and ad-hoc responsibilities as
- Reports to the Portfolio Quality Assurance Manager and works
together to maintain inspection policy and processes.What Sets You
Apart: (Basic Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree (QA, Business, Engineering, or related) with
two plus (2+) year of related experience. May consider more years
of experience in lieu of degree.
- Up to 50% travel may be required.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency; Teams, Excel, Word,
- Valid driver's license and ability to perform field
verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.You Might Also
- Salesforce Software proficiency.
- Working knowledge of Energy Efficiency programs.
- Working knowledge of a business intelligence (BI) technologies
(Power BI, Tableau, etc). We take care of our employees. Leidos
seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you,
with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth
opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and
informal project management training and assistance with obtaining
pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of
the world's toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming
culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life
balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits . We
believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer
the chance to have fun and make a difference. Pay Range: Pay Range
$54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00 The Leidos pay range for this
job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of
compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending
an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the
job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as
well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable
bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Bloomington , Technical Advisor and Quality Control Technical Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!