Senior AWS Software Developer
Company: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Posted on: January 4, 2021
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join
our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our
customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial
services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to
ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and
talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an
annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise
performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in
volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning
culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement,
professional designations, employee development, wellness
initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits,
locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Senior AWS Software Developers on State Farm's Property & Casualty
Modernization workload management product team play an integral
role in designing the solutions required to drive our organization
forward. This role is part of a high performing, product team
focused on developing, configuring, deploying & testing innovative
technical solutions in an agile work environment. If you are a
self-starter passionate about leading innovation to creatively
solve complex business problems and anticipate the needs of the
future, this is your next career move.
*At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to
the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety of our employees is priority at
State Farm. Candidates who are selected for this position will be
trained remotely. Once State Farm determines it is safe for
employees to return to our offices, candidates will be required to
relocate and work in the above listed location.
As Senior AWS Software Developer you will:
- Design and execute on the full software development
cycleincluding coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset,
to include Object Oriented (OO) design & coding principles.
- Collaborate with internal business areas to gather technical
requirements to build solutions that solve a variety of complex
business problems today, and anticipate the challenges of the
- Adopt Service Design, where appropriate, through utilization of
modularity within architecture to enable continuous delivery
- Apply, display and influence agile methodologies
- Consult across all levels and areas of the organization, able
to communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences, and
influence various levels of internal stakeholders.
- 3+ years' Full Stack Development experience
- Skilled in AWS: Lambda, S3, API Gateway, IAM, Athena and Glue,
CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Route 53, CloudFront, DynamoDB, RDS, and
EC2 load balancing.
- Experience with Java, Spring, NodeJS, and/or Angular or similar
languages and frameworks
- Test automation experience with Sinon and Jest preferred
- Terraform or other infrastructure as code experience is
- GOSU experience is a plus, but not required
- Workload management experience in P&C or other is
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to
participate in an on-demand video interview with a coding challenge
work assessment. Further competitive candidates will be invited to
a hiring manager interview.
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the
U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S.
work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What's In It For You:
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations,
Employee Development, and more!
- Competitive 401k Plan
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is
simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers !
- Check out what it is like to work in Technology & UX at our
Bloomington, IL Campus .
Keywords: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Bloomington , Senior AWS Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!