Guidewire PolicyCenter Developer
Company: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Posted on: May 23, 2020
One Company---Many Careers!
State Farm is seeking a bright, diligent Software Developer to join
our Guidewire practice. Ideal candidate must have a successful
track record of implementing, solution design, configuration,
extension, customization and post live support experience with
A Day In The Life Of A Guidewire PolicyCenter Developer -
State Farm is focused on modernization efforts within the Property
& Casualty systems. You'll be spending the majority of your time
writing code in a small product team. As an experienced developer
you'll also be helping the team produce the highest quality
software possible by collaborating on design and code reviews.
You'll be working with PolicyCenter along with building restful
integration services and interaction with many other product teams
across State Farm. Your team will own product(s) throughout the
lifecycle and deploy often using automated delivery pipelines.
Office Location (Bloomington, IL) ---where we work hard AND play
About Bloomington, IL:
All positions will be located in Bloomington, IL. Bloomington is
the location of State Farm's Corporate Headquarters and is 2 1/2
hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. Bloomington is a
mid-size community; an average 15 minute rush hour commute is a
welcome change for those who have fought rush hour traffic in the
city. The community is very active and is home to multiple
universities including Illinois State University and Illinois
We Are Looking for Candidates With
Required Technical Skills:
- 3 - 5 years of technical hands on experience on Guidewire
applications Policy Center
- Excellent hands on experience on Java / GOSU
- GOSU, GOSU Plugins, Screen Configuration
- Good understanding of Property Casualty Insurance
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science,
any Engineering discipline, or related field.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Java/J2EE, SOAP/Restful webservices Development
- Hands on XML, HTML/JSP, Spring MVC, CSS, AJAX, Junit
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming experience
- Version control tools experience such as GIT
- Work experience in a collaborative team environment
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to
participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the
U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S.
work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What's In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to
learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations,
Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of
a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day.
That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is
simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here
to help life go right--
Come join our passionate team!
Keywords: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Bloomington , Guidewire PolicyCenter Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!