Company: 142013 Westminster Village Inc
Posted on: November 20, 2023
At Westminster Village we want to surround ourselves with
positively motivated, enthusiastic people to best serve our
Residents and we are seeking a strong professional experienced line
cook that can work various line positions. The ideal candidate will
possess excellent knowledge of how to prepare exceptional food.
Training in proper food safety and cleanliness procedures is
required. As a member of our culinary team, the Cook is responsible
for the dining delight of our residents. Your principal role will
be to prepare high-quality meals which contribute to the overall
well-being of our Residents.Apply now to work alongside our
hardworking Dietary Team and find out why our Cooks love working at
- 401K with company match
- Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Educational Scholarship
- Wellness ProgramDuties:
- Prepares and serves hot food, cold food, food supplements and
garnishes in amounts consistent with census for residents, staff
guests and special events as assigned, according to standardized
recipes and safe food handling practices.
- Produces and portions the menu as directed or as indicated on
the menu spreadsheet or production worksheet. Utilizes scales,
scoops and other measuring devices to provide foods in amounts
specified on the production worksheet.
- Maintains and records proper serving temperatures and
refrigerated storage temperatures. Properly covers, labels, dates,
discards expired foods, and applies the time of day to all foods
processed on the premises before storing in the refrigerator or
freezer in accordance with the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Maintains all storage and preparation areas in a clean and
- Verifies product needed to produce the planned menu one day in
advance. Communicates any product needs to the Executive Chef or
Food Service Director. Utilizes, puts away and organized stock, and
properly rotates food items.
- Communicates and works well with other personnel in dietary and
other departments to provide superior resident service.
- Familiarize oneself with location and use of firefighting
equipment, alarms and disaster procedures.
- Assists in the completion of food production work sheets.
- Attend educational meetings planned for this position.
- May perform the duties of a Dietary Aide or Dishwasher on an as
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Cleans coolers and carts.
- Follows cleaning schedule instructions.
- Provides feedback to Chef, Director of Food Services, and
Assistant Food Service Directors in an efficient manner.High School
Diploma, GED or equivalent. Previous food service and cook
experience preferred. Some knowledge of special diets and tray line
assembly is desired. Certified in Food Service Sanitation by the
Illinois Department of Public Health.PM22
Keywords: 142013 Westminster Village Inc, Bloomington , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!