Physical Therapist (PT) - Inpatient Acute
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Evaluates and treats patients of all ages, modifying plan of
care as appropriate. Serves as a role model in delivery of
professional services and as a clinical resource for staff and
- Demonstrates ability to perform patient transfers with
assistance as needed from bed, chair and floor, if applicable. Is
aware of and demonstrates safe and appropriate body mechanics to
reduce the risk of injury to self, staff and patients.
- Demonstrates respect by treating our patients and each other
with dignity and respect, being empathetic and caring, and staying
fully engaged with those who need our services.
- Designs an appropriate plan of care that integrates goals,
treatment, outcomes, and discharge plan. Adjusts the care based on
patient response and available evidence.
- Educates patients, family, caregivers, students, and other
health care providers using relevant and effective teaching
- Evaluates clinical findings to determine physical therapy
diagnoses and outcomes of care.
- Performs examination, selecting reliable and valid examination
methods relevant to the chief complaint, results of screening, and
- Produces documentation in accordance with the Clinical Process
- Screens patients using procedures to determine the
effectiveness of and need fortherapy services, if appropriate.
- Uses support personnel according to legal standards and ethical
guidelines. Monitors the care delivered by support personnel and
provides regular feedback.
- Evaluates and implements intervention plans utilizing
activities that are functional in nature and take into
consideration the functional and emotional needs of the
patient/family. Modifies approach in response to patient behavior
- Utilizes standardized outcomes measures in a uniform manner to
ensure functional performance is accurately reflected.
- Completes documentation in accordance with regulatory and
- Collaborates with patient, family and significant others
throughout the rehabilitation process and provides education/family
training as necessary.
- Provides supervision to PTA and rehabilitation technicians in
accordance with regulatory agencies.
- Clearly communicates patient performance, change in status,
activity/transfer recommendations, and recommendations for
discharge disposition and equipment required for the next level of
care with the medical team.
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Physical Therapist (PT) - Inpatient Acute, Healthcare , Shirley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...