Inpatient RN - Therapy Wound Care
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Using evidence-based practice, clinical decision making,
compassion and skilled dialogue, the registered nurse leads efforts
to create the safest patient environment and the best patient
experience. The nurse delivers and coordinates patient-centered
wound care to support the successful transition of patients to
other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary
to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the
professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to
expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes
initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and
develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards
and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of
care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies
plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as
specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and
theories related to wound care. Maintains up-to-date and accurate
documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of
information for use by the healthcare team.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by
reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Ability to perform wound assessment, reassessment, management,
and plan of care for all wound care patients per unit standards.
Modifies the plan of care based on the wound patient and family
- Knowledge of the anatomy and physiology and disorders of the
dermal and vascular systems. Implements wound care procedures and
- Inputs charges and enters documentation on all wound care
patients into computer system in a timely manner to ensure
compliance and integration of information for the use of the
- Knowledgeable of all the clinical products currently available
in organization. Makes recommendations for products/equipment.
- Operates all equipment correctly and safely and fulfills all
wound care department competencies.
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Inpatient RN - Therapy Wound Care, Healthcare , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!