Inpatient LPN -Medical/Oncology Specialty Unit
Posted on: July 31, 2022
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assumes responsibilities for
the direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision
of a registered nurse (RN) in patient care departments. Provides
nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the
LPN scope of practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
The LPN will be paired with an RN. LPN tasks may include oral meds,
IV piggyback meds, trach care, dressing changes, documentation on
assessments and care plans after the RN has completed the first
assessment and initiated the care plan and working in the central
- Provide direct nursing care to patients under the supervision
of a registered nurse. Nursing care is guided by the provider
orders and the nursing plan of care within the LPN scope of
- Reports patient response to care to registered nurse for
evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Passes all medications, hangs IV piggybacks and fluids,
excluding IV Push meds.
- Charts assessments on assigned patients, given that an RN has
charted the initial assessment.
- Charts on care plans, which the RN has opened. As needed will
have RN open new care plans.
- Communicates with physicians/APPs to receive orders and
coordinate care for patient.
- Complete dressing changes as needed.
- Completes trach care as needed.
- Insert and care for NG tube and feedings through NG tube.
- Reinforce education and discharge instructions.
- Cares for medical and surgical patients according to
established unit standards.
- Ability to read and respond to EKGs in the central telemetry
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Inpatient LPN -Medical/Oncology Specialty Unit, Healthcare , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!