RN Navigator - HVI Procedures
Posted on: July 31, 2022
The RN Navigator will support the ability to schedule all
procedures performed in the department, allow for patient prep and
education of CT procedures, ultrasound biopsies, para/thoras, and
IR cases, and ensure outpatient PCI patients called the day after
- Resource to ensure that the pre-procedural requirements are
- Provide support and direction to pre-procedural patients,
schedulers, proceduralists, HVI staff.
- Maintain knowledge of all tests, medications, and possible
contraindications associated with procedure and anesthesia/moderate
- Completion of Pre-Procedural checklist /= 2 - 7 days prior to
procedure (excluding emergent/add on cases).
- Works with proceduralists in obtaining additional test/orders.
- Reviews and ensures up to date History and Physicals.
- Provides patient education and instruction regarding: procedure
that is ordered, medications to either take or hold prior to
- Performs the Pre-Day calls to patients having procedures at
main hospital to verify compliance with medication instructions,
procedure report time, review of medications to take in the AM day
of procedure and answer any questions.
- Reinforces diet.
- Reinforces the CHG bath instructions with patients at Pre-Day
call if required.
- Works with proceduralists, PCP, referring provider in obtaining
additional test/forms, teaching on medication, informing patients
of lab/test results, assisting patients with ordering additional
tests ad deemed by providers for procedural clearance.
- Performs Post Catheterization Intervention (PCI) patient phone
calls to ensure adherence to medication orders.
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , RN Navigator - HVI Procedures, Healthcare , Wapella, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!