Inpatient RN - Infusion/Pediatrics Unit
Posted on: July 29, 2022
The Outpatient Infusion Department/Pediatric Unit is committed
to our Nursing Professional Practice Model; we believe in caring
relationships with our patients, families, community, and
colleagues to provide exceptional care. Our dedicated nursing
staff, nurse leaders, interdisciplinary team members, and physician
partners practice in an eleven bed inpatient unit that is combined
with a 24/7 outpatient infusion department. All care is delivered
by a highly-trained staff utilizing the most current technology and
equipment. The unit is fast-paced, exciting, and always evolving-
as RNs care for those ten days of age through the entire adulthood
span and provide infusion treatments such as blood products,
specialty medications, chemotherapy, hydration, antibiotics.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as
specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and
theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains
up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to
assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and
develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards
and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of
care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies
plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by
reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary
to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the
professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to
expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes
initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Monitors intake and output of all pediatric patient
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs
- Administers medications using proper bar code scanning
- Notifies appropriate provider with high alert lab results
- Severs as a mandated reports for all suspected abuse/neglect
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Inpatient RN - Infusion/Pediatrics Unit, Healthcare , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!