Pharmacist Clinical Coordinator
Posted on: July 29, 2022
The Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator is responsible for
coordination of pharmacy related clinical initiatives to support
safe and effective patient care.
- Utilize metrics and other sources of information to prioritize
and drive clinical pharmacy best practices.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of
clinical pharmacy services that promote desirable patient outcomes
through the use of optimized, safe and cost effective drug
- Evaluate current practices and implement evidence-based
- Collaborate with physicians and other providers to identify and
address systemic clinical, safety and quality patient care issues
as it pertains to medication use.
- Lead and participate in site or system level committees or work
groups as assigned, including antimicrobial stewardship
- Collect data and evaluate trends in pharmacy outcomes. Develop,
in collaboration with Director of Pharmacy and Pharmacy Manager,
quality improvement plans based on the data.
- Assist in compliance with accrediting body standards for
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives, corrective
action plans, and other associated performance improvement
- Develop and communicate drug shortage mitigation
- Perform value assessments of interventions by clinical
pharmacists and cost savings for the department
- Provide oversight and education of pharmacy students
- Prepare clinical reviews for the Pharmacy and Therapeutics
- Participates in clinical competency development and assessment
of staff competence.
- Staffing duties as assigned
- Balance multiple tasks/projects while meeting organizational
- Communicate with professionals inside and outside the
organization to improve clinical outcomes.
- Knowledge base, clinical background, pharmacy practice
experience and initiative to make accurate and independent
- Ensures staff receives necessary training and support related
to clinical initiatives.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates treatment guidelines that
address cost-effective and evidence based drug therapy
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Pharmacist Clinical Coordinator, Healthcare , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!