Ultrasound/Vascular Tech - Carle BroMenn Vein Clinic
Posted on: July 26, 2022
5,000.00 Sign on Bonus - External Applicants OnlyPerforms
diagnostic vascular ultrasound studies utilizing various imaging
equipment to assist in diagnosis of disease and vessel injury.
Assist with venous ablations and sclerotherapy utilizing
ultrasound. Knowledge and application of sterile technique for
procedures done in the vein/vascular clinic. Responsible for
screening scheduling and directing patients to appropriate
locations and services. Provide education related to procedure and
study that is being performed. Maintain working knowledge of
Vascular Ultrasound Exams, knowledge of Cardiac U/S is preferred in
addition to Vascular. Previous experience with procedures is
- Performs routine and complex sonography imaging by acquiring
and processing patient exams in accordance with accrediting bodies
and/or manufacturer guidelines and as outlined in department
protocols. Selects proper sonography protocols and techniques to
obtain optimal data. Reviews cases with the radiologist when
appropriate. Reviews labs and patient history to perform correct
- Responsible to review radiology orders for completeness and
accuracy. Reviews patient history and supporting clinical data for
medical necessity. Takes steps to acquire additional information if
needed from the patient, ordering provider and/or Radiologist.
- Demonstrates acceptable imaging quality standards by critiquing
positioning, technical factors and alignment.
- Transfers and verifies image data in PACS and other digital and
reporting systems providing necessary medical history and
information for Radiologist interpretation. Utilizes the web
servers and email systems to send exams for preliminary readings
- Responsible for maintaining imaging equipment and workplace
environment including maintaining supply inventories and
orderliness of work area. Recognizes malfunctions and service needs
and reports service needs in a timely manner.
- Ensures patient, visitor and environmental safety. Reports
safety events immediately including those that are a near
- Assists in instruction of new staff as necessary.
- Meets productivity levels as established by department
benchmarking. Assists other areas during downtimes so to maintain
- May be required to perform duties of other modalities within
the department to which licenses are held by the
- Complies with other job descriptions of cross-trained
modalities also performed within the department.
- Stays current in vascular ultrasound and associated procedures,
cardiac also preferred.
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Ultrasound/Vascular Tech - Carle BroMenn Vein Clinic, Healthcare , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!