RN - Medical Oncology - Cancer Center
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Do you want to be part of something bigger then yourself? -Join
our oncology nursing team.Our team approach supports new and
experienced nurses. We guide and encourage patients before during
and after their course of treatment. -We work closely with medical,
surgical and radiation oncology areas to coordinate care for our
patients. We find solutions to patient complications by working
closely with our amazing team of oncologists. -Most importantly, we
build lasting relationships with our patients by supporting them
through the most intimate and vulnerable times of their life. -Our
ideal candidate will value teamwork and compassion while also being
a fierce patient advocate.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Performs advanced nursing activities, which can include
assisting with procedures using conscious sedation, placement of
IVs, and administering chemotherapy drugs.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Evaluate symptoms over the phone and in face to face contact
- Execute orders based on diagnosis and protocols.
- Monitor lab values to ensure safe levels for treatments and/or
- Evaluate walk in patients; provide physicians with patient
condition/complaint and recommendations.
- Coordinate patient care concerns with regard to cancer care and
- Perform moderate sedation for patient procedures by
- Refill prescriptions per protocol.
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , RN - Medical Oncology - Cancer Center, Healthcare , Sibley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!