Health and Safety Administrator
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold
beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water
to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I
and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure,
sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's
best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high
quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food,
non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
Under general supervision of Plant Manager, this position is
responsible for assisting the EHS Manager with planning,
coordinating and promoting the plant environmental, safety,
workers' compensation and occupational health programs for the
site. The position provides support to the site operations
leadership in the following areas: environmental, safety,
occupational health, worker's compensation, and Health & Safety
training and development.
This position receives support and direction regarding Health &
Safety compliance activities from the Plant Manager, EHS Manager
and NA EHS Department personnel.
- (All other duties as assigned)
- Maintain accurate and complete records that meet regulatory
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing Health & Safety programs
and practices through reviews and data interpretation.
- Assist the EHS Manager and plant leadership in the completion
of the EHS Business Plan.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and
practices through work site knowledge, employee interactions and
work site inspection.
- Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and
- Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and
hazard control programs.
- Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard
controls and hazard control programs.
- Provide recommendations for correcting unsafe work
- Provide follow-up to ensure implementation of corrective
- Conduct mandated employee health and safety training programs
as required by the Health & Safety Training Matrix, such as Hazard
Communication, Lock Out/Tag Out and Personal Protective
- Coordinate the plant accident and investigation program,
including the maintenance of required OSHA reports.
- Participate in state and federal OSHA inspections.
- Act as the Facilitator for the plant safety committees and
- Assist in the plant efforts to minimize ergonomic stress.
- Execute strategies to maximize the plant's safety
- Assist Plant EHS Manger and Regional EHS staff in the
quantification, evaluation and control of employee exposure to
potential occupational health hazards such as: chemicals &
materials, noise levels and other human factors existing in the
- Conduct on-site activities to control exposures to potential
occupational health hazards.
- Assist in the completion of occupational health-monitoring
activities to meet regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the laser safety compliance activities required by
OSHA and State regulations.
- Assist with Worker's Compensation issues: Interfaces with
workers compensation legal counsel, third party administrator,
appropriate medical professionals, corporate risk management,
divisional health and safety management, and regional HR management
for successful case management of all workers compensation claims
- Advise and Assist the Plant Engineer and Plant EHS Manager in
- Assist Plant Manager and Plant EHS Manager in coordination of
- Assists local Human Resources and Plant EHS Manager with
personnel in facilitating drug and alcohol testing as
- Assists the Plant EHS Manager with medical case
- Assists the Plant EHS Manager with respirator fit testing and
Silica medical surveillance examinations.
- Assists the Plant EHS Manager with audiometric testing and
standard threshold shift re-testing.
- Assists the Plant EHS Manager with the administration of the
contractor safety program, which includes: orientation, training
material development, and worksite observations.
- Verifies and prepares EH&S; shipping documentations in
accordance with regulatory requirements and manifests documentation
required for hazardous material.
- Assists EHS Manager in the completion of the required
environmental reports to Owens-Illinois, Federal EPA, and state of
- Assists EHS Manager in the completion of environmental
inspections as required.
- Assists EHS Manager in retaining copies of the required
permits, and other required environmental documentation.
SCOPE AND IMPACT
This position exhibits Leadership attributes of: direction setting,
persuasion, motivation, decision-making, role modeling, team
building and vision creation to effectively lead safety and health
activities with all personnel. Position interfaces and interacts
with the NA Health and Safety Department personnel to ensure
consistent knowledge, implementation and execution of regional EHS
policies, procedures and strategies. This position is also
responsible for advising site management regarding the
establishment of Health & Safety objectives, plan activities to
achieve those objectives, and integrate Health & Safety into the
site culture. Condition of this position, applicant must be able to
pass a physical and fit test that is compliance with OSHA
respiratory protection standard.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (Health and Safety related
- 3 to 5 years experience in performing Health and Safety
- Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST) or
equivalent certification preferred
(Include a current organization chart; include both old & new org
charts for Department re-organizations)
This position reports to the Plant Manager
- There may be some travel associated with this position for
training and/or project work.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with
or without reasonable accommodations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order
to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact
O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information.
Keywords: O-I, Bloomington , Health and Safety Administrator, Healthcare , Streator, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!