Location: Le Roy
Posted on: May 13, 2022
What You'll Do
- Oversee portfolio of farm accounts.
- Secure farm management agreements through prospecting, analysis
- Determine goals of farmland owners.
- Develop/maintain farm lease agreements with qualified farm
- Make site visits to properties for purpose of evaluating
operation, dictating reports to communicate with clients.
- Review periodic financial reports for submission to clients as
- Communicate with clients as necessary for approval,
recommendations to owners, reporting, and updates.
- Distribute funds from accounts as requested and desired by
- Meet, on average, three times per year with farm tenant to
discuss items related to various farming operations, such as
financial settlements between owner account and tenants, farm lease
renewal/termination, and crop planning, including discussion of
things such as land maintenance, building care and oversight,
drainage and drainage district issues, fertility, tillage and
cultural practices, chemical selection, crop rotation, hybrid and
variety selection, soil testing, material application methods,
government farm program issues.
- Attend continuing education seminars as required. What You'll
Bring Knowledge of:
- Strong knowledge of general agricultural principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Accounting principles
- Compliance and regulations that relate to Farm Management
- Analyze assignments based on a wide knowledge of many factors
where application of advanced or technical concepts are
- Maintain visual attention and mental concentration for extended
periods of time
- Perform duties and make decisions under frequent time
- Work in an outdoor environment Education & Training
- Requires Bachelor's degree, preferably in an
- Professional licensing and accreditation is required (if
unlicensed and/or unaccredited upon hire, new farm managers will
pursue both in a timely manner).
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office. Busey believes that
diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our
success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain
the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Equal
Opportunity Employment is a priority for Busey and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, genetic information, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender
identity and expression), marital status, military status, veterans
status, citizenship status, disability, order of protection or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law or other non-merit
Keywords: Busey, Bloomington , Farm Manager, Executive , Le Roy, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!