IT Director - Enterprise Control Testing (Remote Opportunity)
Company: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Posted on: April 6, 2021
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join
our passionate team!
State Farm is adding an IT Director to lead the technical control
testing as a senior leadership member of the Internal Audit
department. This role offers tremendously broad exposure across
internal executive leadership and as well as external regulators.
Importantly, substantial IT technical depth is required to be
- IT Audit Leadership requires a unique skillset which includes
understanding technical terminology, methodologies, processes, and
risks and controls which would be developed over time after working
in enterprise IT as a software developer or engineer.
- It is critical that Internal Audit have strong relationships
with IT, Data, Cybersecurity, and Product Line Executive Leadership
to be able to have discussions of a broad and enterprise nature
relative to key risks, the performance of controls, and options for
different risk mitigation strategies.
This is a unique opportunity to join the #1 insurer of homes and
cars in the US. With annual revenues in excess of $80BB, an
exciting remote opportunity, and a company that is routinely
awarded as a "best place to work."
A Day in the life of an IT Director:
- This director role will join a talented team of colleagues and
will be responsible for control testing all facets of enterprise
technology, cyber security, data management and privacy, and other
business lines as needed.
- This director will serve as a trusted advisor to the enterprise
on control design and architectural decisions with an emphasis on
modernization and automation.
- Ideal candidate will be leading two persistent agile teams with
nationwide scope across the organization.
- This is a hands-on role bridging company strategy to tactical
- Occasional t ravel (10-20%) would be required to state farm
corporate & hub locations per business needs
Required Professional Experience:
- 7+ years of experience developing software with past experience
as a hands-on software engineer
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering leadership position
with a focus on delivering high-scale, enterprise / consumer
facing, web or mobile applications.
- Software development experience covering a broad base of open
source tech stack, complemented with a concentration in cloud
transformation (AWS/Azure/GCP), production engineering, application
integration and/or DevOps
- Experience with API management, product instrumentation,
analytics, continuous development and integration, and security and
- Background in full-stack software engineering and agile
- Experienced leader of software development teams
- Omni channel customer technology support experience
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering,
Business, or related field (an equivalent combination of related
education, training, and experience may be considered)
- Demonstrated commitment to learning new
- Ability to read, write and review code and/or models
- Any experience in AI / ML , Salesforce, Cloud, and Big Data
related technologies are a huge plus
- Current on business applications, trends in IT, and experience
evaluating/implementing new innovative IT solutions .
- A process-oriented individual, with project management skills,
who has the flexibility to thrive in a dynamic organization.
- Experience defining and implementing appropriate standards,
controls and/or methodologies for auditing, secure coding
standards, continuous integration/continuous delivery (CICD),
incident response, forensic analysis procedures, and/or penetration
- Professional certifications are a plus along with demonstrable
knowledge of security standards and best practices, (e.g., ISO
27001, NIST, COBIT)
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to
participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the
U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S.
work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What's In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to
learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations,
Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day.
That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is
simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
Keywords: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Bloomington , IT Director - Enterprise Control Testing (Remote Opportunity), Executive , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!