Account Manager - Ecommerce
Company: KNIPEX Tools LP
Posted on: April 3, 2021
KNIPEX Tools is searching for a knowledgeable ecommerce
professional to support the ongoing growth of our brand online. The
Account Manager - Ecommerce position is a sales-based role that
will manage relationships and the development of our brand in the
ecommerce sphere. This person will be a key player as we position
our brand for continued online success.
Account Manager - Ecommerce Channel
The Account Manager - Ecommerce, develops and maintains assigned
Ecommerce Channel customers and manufacturer representatives as
applicable while meeting KNIPEX Tools LP (KTLP) assigned financial
- Establish plans and strategies to meet or exceed the assigned
financial objectives within the ecommerce channel of
- Establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base in
the ecommerce channel of distribution.
- Develop deep relationships with all departments within
ecommerce distribution customers: Product Management, Purchasing,
Marketing, Logistics etc.
- Manages online content for ecommerce accounts and other
distribution accounts who sell with an ecommerce presence.
The Account Manager - Ecommerce has the function of developing
customer accounts within the ecommerce channel of distribution and
supporting the development of online business within other
traditional distribution channels. To build business, this role
needs to build strong relationships with existing and prospective
ecommerce customers. The primary function is growing sales while
providing excellent account support.
The Account Manager - Ecommerce is the primary contact person for
the assigned accounts in the ecommerce channel of distribution. The
Account Manager - Ecommerce works closely with KTLP management and
all support departments. When new products are launched, they
accomplish their promotional goals and customer placement as
This position includes significant content management and content
creation on assigned customer's databases to ensure accuracy,
completeness and a proactive selling focus.The Account Manager -
Ecommerce position purpose is to ensure sales growth and
profitability. Success in this role can lead to expanded scope of
responsibility in the Sales Manager role.
- Manage all aspects of assigned and future accounts within the
ecommerce channel of distribution.
- Identify any operational issues that might arise and resolve
them with the appropriate internal and external teams.
- Identify and develop new opportunities within a current
- Meet and exceed annual sales budget/plan.
- Develop annual detailed promotional plans focusing on key
product categories and new products.
- Meet and exceed gross margin goals.
- Provide a timely and effective sales presentation to
prospective customers to ensure that the product and services
offered are thoroughly explained and understood in order to close
the sale and new distributor.
- Frequently contact current customer base to maintain a solid
working relationship. Ensure that the customer is satisfied with
the current service. Work with the appropriate internal team
members to resolve any issues.
- Complete requests for information and requests for new product
- Responsible for formulating relevant account pricing
strategies, within KTLP's financial goals.
- Consistently review the KNIPEX content on assigned e-commerce
and traditional customer sites for errors, inaccurate marketing
attributes, and poor or inaccurate photography and resolve as
- In concert with the KNIPEX Marketing staff and customer web
site personnel, develop new and exciting ways to showcase KNIPEX
products online to increase sales.
- Enter and maintain all product description, pricing and other
necessary information via distributor website portals or via
electronic excel spreadsheets.
- Post new products to distributor websites.
- Create and test new sales promotions for e-commerce
- Maintain site menus, custom pages or other content areas as
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of successful experience in ecommerce account
- Solid understanding of ecommerce selling.
- Knowledge of ecommerce best practices.
- Background in industrial, electrical, MRO a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; SAP or other
comparable ERP proficiency a plus.
- Ability to assess sales and business results.
- Proficiency in sales promotion and sales processes.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Above average facilitation skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sense of urgency mindset with an assertive "let's get it done"
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to proof web copy for errors.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure .
- Excellent follow up.
- Ability and confidence to communicate at all levels, internally
and externally in a professional manner by phone, email and face to
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong account management skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Product demonstration skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%, varying based on internal
business and external customer needs.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license and reliable
- Positive, energetic attitude.
- Dynamic friendly personality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with
- Results oriented, self-motivated, and has the ability to meet
- Customer oriented.
- Strong business acumen.
- Improvement is GREAT. Change is GREAT. Wanting to be better is
- Innovate; take initiative and be curious. Learn from
- Continue to develop our skills; challenge ourselves and others
to achieve possibilities.Teamwork:
- First and foremost, we are a team. Our competition is outside
- We are all role models and lead by good example.
- Our cooperation and communication is characterized by kindness,
openness, honesty, and valuing each other's contributions.Loyalty:
- Demonstrate reliability, responsibility, and ownership - not
just through words, but through actions.
- Keep commitments; say what you will do, and do what you
- Trust each other and continue to earn that trust every
- Strive to achieve consistently superior quality, service,
performance, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Take pride in our product, our company, and our people.
- Embrace sustainable initiatives and give back to the
Keywords: KNIPEX Tools LP, Bloomington , Account Manager - Ecommerce, Executive , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!