Director-Auto Repair Program
Company: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Posted on: August 30, 2020
One Company---Many Careers!
A Day In The Life Of A Director-Auto Repair Program - req13359
Imagine leading the Auto Repair Program for the #1 P&C Insurer
in the United States.
We are seeking to place a highly-experienced, industry professional
in a leadership position with responsibility for the State Farm
Select Service-- Auto Repair Program. We are looking for a leader
with a passion and internal drive to create a simple, quick, and
high quality Auto PD experience for our customers.
The responsibilities include assessing the performance results of
the Auto Repair Program, developing strategies, monitoring the
customer experience, and coordinating with various internal teams
to ensure program success. Critical to this incumbent's success is
the ability to communicate and collaborate with key internal
stakeholders to manage a large network of over 8500 automotive
repair industry participants. This role also requires analytical
and innovative thinking skillsets, a competitive spirit, personal
drive to be best in class, and values that align with serving the
customers. The role will include on-going trend analysis, problem
solving, and relationship-building.
- Bloomington, IL* Central Illinois is our founding location and
home to our Corporate Headquarters.
The prime location choice for this role is Bloomington, IL but
Richardson, TX and Tempe, AZ may also be considered.
- Richardson, TX
Our campus is conveniently located near the local transit and we
have several restaurants on campus.
- Tempe, AZ
Our campus is conveniently located on Tempe Town Lake in close
proximity to the transit & Downtown Tempe.
Key Role Requirements:
- Serves as primary owner of and refines Auto Repair Program
requirements, contract language, and negotiations for the Direct
Repair Program: Multi-Store Operations (MSO) & non-multi-store
- Provides oversight of quality trending related to multiple
components of the Select Service Program and overall strategy for
Auto Repair Program engagements and performance management of
- Evaluates market presence and utilization to provide optimal
repairer presence to meet customer needs
- Provides strategic leadership, vision, planning, and direction
for assigned area(s)
- Responsible for the selection, training, professional
development, performance management, and salary administration
activities of assigned team members
- Oversees development, interpretation, implementation and
support of P&C Claims philosophies, policies, programs,
procedures, and practices that align with Company and department
- Ensures successful completion of departmental goals and
We Are Looking for Candidates With
- 5-10+ years' experience in the collision repair industry as
multi-state manager and/or executive, preferred
- 10+ years' experience in a relationship management or other
- Experience as a second line manager of department, unit or
- Experience in the Property & Casualty Insurance Claims
- Experience with auto estimating platforms, emerging
technologies, and industry data sources
- Expert knowledge of Auto Repair Key Performance Indicators
- Cycle time
- Parts utilization
- Repair vs replace
- Rental days
- Repair capacity
- Innovative mindset: always looking for opportunities to help
improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the customer
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial view of what is
- Track record of learning agility and a growth mindset
- Competitive spirit driven to outperform competitors in all key
metrics by delivering superior service
- Proven track record of success leading teams (preferably 2 nd
line or higher) and executing on strategic partnerships as well as
championing, and deploying new solutions and vendor partnerships to
improve overall program results with a clear focus on accuracy and
quality in work product, improving performance, and create
alignment with the State Farm vision
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau, required
- Bachelor's Degree required and Masters Degree preferred
What You Can Expect
Next Steps: Apply now and competitive candidates may be invited to
participate the interview process.
Travel Requirements: Occasional overnight travel required
Sponsorship: Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully
work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants
for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this
What's In It For You
Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential
Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the
A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee
Development, and more!
401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION
We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is
simply the right thing to do!
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers !
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here
to help life go right--
Come join our passionate team!
Keywords: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Bloomington , Director-Auto Repair Program, Executive , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!