Diesel Mechanic - Up to $15,000 Signing Bonus*
Company: JX Enterprises
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Service Technician maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- All other duties as assigned The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. JX Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. *Eligibility for bonus payments will be based upon the employee meeting minimum productivity numbers for their assigned Technician Level over the course of the employee's first 12 months of employment. Qualifications Behaviors Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity Team Player: Works well as a member of a group Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well Motivations Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help Education Technical/other training Licenses & Certifications CDL
Keywords: JX Enterprises, Bloomington , Diesel Mechanic - Up to $15,000 Signing Bonus*, Engineering , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!