Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Interlake Mecalux, Inc.
Posted on: August 1, 2022
This role is responsible for the leadership and hands-on
execution of different projects that embrace approaches to
manufacturing process excellence in Interlake Mecalux's Pontiac, IL
plant. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review all plant activities through physical presence on the
plant floors, through SAP and Easy WMS, and through production
schedules. Provide technical expertise and support related to
manufacturing and the supply chain to plant floor personnel and
- Identify opportunities to improve manufacturing processes and
plan the study of work problems or procedures including but not
limited to machine maintenance issues, plant layout of equipment,
materials or equipment used for production (e.g., steel, paint,
forklifts, etc.), plant floor processes, and manpower issues.
Investigate and resolve operational problems, such as material use
variances or bottlenecks.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing
to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or
cost-effectiveness. Recommend to management ideas for improving
utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Oversee all CAPEX projects. Lead the technical specification
process, meeting with vendors, suppliers, and conferring with
internal resources and management. Follow through on all projects,
from seeking authorization for requests to project completion,
making sure CAPEX projects stay on time, are within budget, and
minimalize disruption to normal plant/warehouse activities.
- Maintain daily communication with management at corporate
office to provide summaries of all operations in the Pontiac plant
and provide metrics for performance and updates on all ongoing
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Master's degree
- At least 8 years of experience in a similar position or
otherwise related experience
- Personality: Candidates must have integrity, be highly
analytical, and have a strong desire to be deeply involved in the
business. Candidates must be organized and methodical in their
work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change.
Candidates must be able to persevere through difficult work
challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must
have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact
and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the
- Ability and willingness to work on-site at our Pontiac plant
100% of the time. Hybrid/remote not available for this
- Ability to work in hot and cold conditions. Presence on the
plant floor at least 50% of day is required. Plant is not climate
- Spanish language fluency is highly valued.
Interlake Mecalux offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Become part of an industry leading dynamic team with a high
focus on delivering results and continuous improvement
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match; 100% vested
immediately upon contributing and no waiting period to start
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off with the option to cash out
unused PTO every year
- Possibility for telework days, depending on position, with
flexible make-up time for exempt employees
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, along with
dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement;
specialize in specific areas or gain new skills in different
Keywords: Interlake Mecalux, Inc., Bloomington , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Pontiac, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!