Company: Afni, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Do you like troubleshooting network issues to get to the root
cause? Do you embrace emerging technologies and have a passion to
keep learning and make an immediate impact? If so, we have an
outstanding opportunity as a Network Engineer and would love to
hear from you! Our Network Engineers oversee the design,
installation, and support of network communications, including
LAN,WAN, IPT/VoIP, Wireless, NMS and Network Security. You will
work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations
requires evaluation and judgment. Some could be critical, large
scale infrastructure projects through vendor comparison and cost
studies. You will need to rely on your extensive knowledge of
LAN,WAN, IPT, Wireless NMS and network security infrastructure,
networks, and applications. *Position could be remote for the ideal
candidate but would need to travel to our Corporate Headquarters
periodically throughout the year.* What you will be doing:
- Implement and maintain physical network connectivity to the
network interface of external business partners and perform
monitoring as well as capacity planning with industry experts to
ensure the effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Responsible for configuration, installation, and support of
network infrastructure for new installations as well as upgrades to
- Perform software and hardware upgrades including planning,
scheduling, testing, and coordination.
- Evaluates and reports on new communication technologies to
enhance capabilities of the core network.
- Administer security issues pertaining to any access including
VPN and firewall security.
- Assist in the design and development of the network services
architecture and implementation of new network infrastructure.
Maintain existing systems, ensuring that proper implementation,
failure recovery and security procedures are followed.
- Identifies deficiencies of both technical issues and business
processes, elevates risk to team lead and/or reporting management,
and proposes innovative solutions to address issue.
- Document accurately new infrastructure implementations and
modifications to existing infrastructure. Job Requirements:What you
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant
- Cisco CCNA certification is preferred with some field
experience with routers and switches ideal
- Cisco CCDA, CCIP, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP and/or CCVP Certification
- Possess extensive knowledge of and experience with network
management concepts and associated technologies including firewall
management and troubleshooting
- Experience in recommending solutions based upon analysis of
network performance is required
- Extensive knowledge of network infrastructure, protocols, and
standards is required
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to multi task with attention to
- Demonstrated reasoning and problem solving abilities
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines and changing
priorities is essential.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, coaching,
team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude and job
flexibility) are required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple
tasks is required.
- Must be an assertive team player with positive attitude and
high energy level At Afni we provide equal employment opportunities
to all qualified individuals. Employment is based upon personal
capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of
race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or
any other protected characteristic as established by law. This
policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and
procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation,
benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of
Keywords: Afni, Inc., Bloomington , Network Engineer, Engineering , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!