Company: Pandera Systems
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Pandera Systems is a highly specialized analytics and technology
consulting firm with a core focus in developing data-driven
solutions in the Cloud. We have strategic partnerships with some of
the largest Cloud Platforms, including Premier Partner with Google
Cloud Platform and Premier Partner of Snowflake. We have been
providing innovative data driven solutions to some of the world's
largest companies for over 11 years.
If working with the world's leading Cloud and Data Platforms is
something that you are interested in, and you like to be able to
have the ability to work on building next generation smart data
platforms, then Pandera is the right place for you. From migration
and modernization of legacy data systems to the Cloud, along with
building Cloud Native solutions for our customers, the adventure
will never be dull, and you will always be learning and growing
Do you like data? Do you know how to take data and transform it to
get meaningful data into end users' hands? Do you enjoy taking
complex problems and turning them into technical solutions that
power Reporting Solutions, Advanced Analytics, and Data Sciences?
We are looking for a Cloud Data Engineer to join our team of
engineers, analysts, and architects focused on designing, building,
and delivering data solutions that drive business decisions. As a
Pandera Employee, you will have the opportunity to build
world-class solutions to help our clients and partners solve
challenging problems through data.
Location*: This GCP Cloud Data Engineer position will be based in
the Midwest*Fully remote option available *Local Hire or candidates
relocating to Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, or Michigan*Authorized to
work in the USA
Travel: Onsite client location(s) - overnight is based on the needs
of the client.Type: Full time Salary: Competitive rate based on
qualificationsEducation: Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical
discipline; Master's preferred, or equivalent years' of experience
in the field.
- Primary Responsibilities:Design and build data engineering
solutions using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services: BigQuery,
DataFlow, Pub/Sub, BigTable, Data Fusion, DataProc
- Data modeling and schema design that will range across multiple
business domains and industries within the cloud for large
enterprise data warehouse and data lakes solutions.
- Extracting, Loading, Transforming, cleaning, and validating
data using cloud ETL/ELT tools
- Designing pipelines and architectures for data processing
- Partner with multiple client stakeholders including partners,
business users, BI and Analytics teams.
- Work with teams to conduct workshops to identify data sources,
flows, and requirements.
- Conduct client workshops to help shape their future data
strategy by providing future state architectures, roadmaps, and
- 3-5+ years of experience in Data Engineering/BI areas with at
least 2 years data engineering on GCP--
- Experience working in GCP based Big Data deployments
(Batch/Real-Time) leveraging Big Query, Big Table, Google Cloud
Storage, PubSub, Data Fusion, Dataflow, Dataproc, etc.
- Experience developing logical data models within cloud data
- Experience developing and deploying ETL / ELT processes and
documentation including physical data model, source to target
mappings, ETL / ELT packages (Matillion, Fivetran, Spark, Google
Data Fusion, etc.)
- Demonstrated mastery in Google BigQuery
- Demonstrated mastery in cloud database concepts and large-scale
cloud data warehouse and lake implementations
- Implement solutions for structured, semi-structured, and
unstructured data sources, relational and non-relational
- Proven ability to work with users to define requirements and
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Certified Google Cloud Data Engineer / Architect
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
- Advanced Java/Python coding skills
- Experience with CI-CD pipelines for promoting big data release
deployments and designing log monitoring features.
- GIT expertise
- MDM expertise
- Infrastructure as Code experience (Terraform, Ansible,
- Experience with Deploying a Data Governance Program
What do you get out of this?You are a hot commodity and having you
on the team would be an honor to us! Here are some of the ways we
pay it forward to recognize your contribution to our vision!
- Be Rewarded: A competitive salary and instant vesting on 401k
are only a few of the rewards for a job well done.
- Be Healthy: Health, dental, and vision offered through top tier
providers and unlimited sick leave to keep you feeling at the top
of your game.
- Be Inspired: Collaborative workspace and unlimited vacation to
keep your mind fresh and ready to take on the next new idea.
- Be Supported: A large network of industry experts, internal
training platform, and external learning opportunities to grow your
skills and experience.
- Be a Team: Team outings, happy hours, passion presentations,
volunteer opportunities, meetups, etc. we are creating a community
to continuously share and grow as a team.
Keywords: Pandera Systems, Bloomington , Data Engineer, Engineering , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!