Company: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Posted on: March 4, 2019
Number of Openings:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit internal controls in all company operations
- Assist in the investigation of potential integrity situations
- Consult on system and procedural development projects
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Adhere to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Participates in the setting of the strategic direction within the department
- Employs knowledge to improve audit operations with new and innovative approaches
- Identifies issues that have a significant impact to the department/organization and develops action plans to respond to changes
- Provides management with input on performance and the development of others
- Prioritizes and coordinates the work of other auditors
- Leverages knowledge for issues broader than their area of expertise
- Possesses knowledge of Corporate and market area business operations
- Monitors changes within the industry, enterprise, and the auditing profession and incorporates these changes appropriately into their assigned responsibilities
- Provides representation on enterprise projects and initiatives
- Assists with the development of audit tools, programs, reports, information resources, and risk assessments
- Develops new audit routines, tools, and information resources
- Develops and provides training for audit staff
- Serves as an Auditing representative on committees/projects and assumes liaison functions with other departments within the organization
- Performs audits in an effective and efficient manner, demonstrating sound judgment and accurate evaluation of risks and controls> /ul>
- Entry into this job family will require passing additional background checks
- Travel is expected at 10%-20%, but may increase, change, and fluctuate during the year depending on assignments
The Bank Internal Audit Team is hiring one Auditor to be located in Bloomington.
--- Bank Compliance, Operational, Accounting or Finance knowledge, education and/or experience
--- Experience with the use of data to form conclusions including knowledge of data analytic tools
--- Understanding of audit techniques and standards including experience with risk assessment and control testing
--- Agile methodology including Scrum Master experience
--- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
--- Relevant designations such as CRCM, CAMS, CFE CIA, CPA
Candidates should possess significant attention to detail, critical thinking skills and judgment, accountability, relationship-building and communication skills and must have a demonstrated ability to handle competing priorities and to work both independently as well as within a team.
The Internal Audit Department offers a culture of excellence and rewarding career opportunities and is looking for enthusiastic candidates to join our team! We offer:
Quality Relationships - You will have the opportunity to build relationships with key decision-makers and risk professionals across the organization while developing skills in numerous areas through challenging and diverse work assignments.
Limited Travel - Using video and other technologies, you will be able to conduct a large portion of your work virtually from your primary geographic location. Occasional travel may be needed for audit work and continuing education events.
Work/Life Balance - State Farm supports flexible work arrangements. Leaders collaboratively work with employees to assess these arrangements and the specific needs of the individual, the team and the Department.
Dynamic Work - Act as a change agent for the organization and provide risk evaluation and assurance over a broad spectrum of risks, including strategic, operational, compliance, fraud, financial, reputation/brand, market risk and many others. Through your work you'll have autonomy to make decisions, use judgment, exercise critical thinking skills and gain a broad perspective of the State Farm organization.
Professional Excellence - Develop strong audit and business area expertise through diverse career opportunities and involvement with professional industry organizations.
Internal Audit operates from four geographic locations, including Bloomington, IL; Atlanta, GA; Tempe, AZ and Dallas, TX. The position will be located in Bloomington, IL . The position will require a 24-month incumbency period in the department. The hired applicant will need to pass a background check.
Keywords: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Bloomington , Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!