Technology Engineer - Audit Team ( Remote Opportunity)
Company: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Posted on: April 6, 2021
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join
our passionate team!
State Farm's Internal Audit Team is looking for a results driven
Technology Engineer who will excel in a high initiative and high
influence environment! This role offers the opportunity to work
across a broad portfolio of technologies - emerging/open source,
market leading, established, and legacy across the full-stack
additionally the role offers broad exposure to internal business
partners through the executive leadership level. The ability to
understand how our Enterprise technology and data strategies work
together with our business processes to understand and evaluate
risk is required to be successful. The right candidate must have
strong technical skills and the ability to apply those skills to
make recommendations on technologies , data strategies and
A Day in the life of a Technology Engineer:
- The Technology Engineer will join a talented agile team of
peers responsible for developing contemporary data-driven solutions
to continuously improve Internal Audit's efforts to understand and
- This Technology Engineer is recognized as a leader in the
department of understanding and applying data tools, practices,
applications, modern programming languages and environments to
- The Technology Engineer incorporates Enterprise data and
technology standards and best practices to lead project-based
assignments and influence the department's direction of product
solutions and technical strategies.
- This Technology Engineer stays up-to-date on and champions
utilizing emerging technologies and programming languages to
continuously renew our tooling and automation solutions.
- Occasional travel (10-20%) would be required to State Farm
corporate & hub locations per business need.
Required Professional Experience:
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Go
- Comfortable using Terraform and Vault
- Experience conducting research focused on public cloud
services, operations, migration and integration techniques
- Experience designing, creating and maintaining CI/CD
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Business,
or related field (an equivalent combination of related education,
training, and experience may be considered)
- Exceptional collaboration skills to work with other team
members, leveraging each member's areas of expertise.
- Experience partnering with stakeholders to gather business
requirements and seeking out relevant data sources (internal and
- Demonstrated commitment to learning new
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle
including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset.
- Knowledge of Cloud, Salesforce, and big data-related
- Experience with AWS Glue, Athena and Redshift.
- A process-oriented individual who has the flexibility to thrive
in a dynamic organization.
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to
participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the
U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S.
work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What's In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to
learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations,
Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day.
That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is
simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
Keywords: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Bloomington , Technology Engineer - Audit Team ( Remote Opportunity), Accounting, Auditing , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!