Senior Sales Business Retention Associate
Company: Wolters Kluwer
Posted on: April 3, 2021
The Senior Sales Business Retention Associate performs inside
sales and retention activities related to the existing customer
set. The primary responsibility of the Retention Associate is to
secure the various research product renewals, increase revenue
through upselling and delivering on the annual price increases.
Also responsible for generating, uncovering and forwarding leads to
the appropriate Sales channels. These functions are performed in a
manner consistent with company established timelines and
- This position works from a remote home office and can be based
anywhere in the United States.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Learns the full line of CCH TAA Tax Research and Audit products
including features, benefits, pricing, intended use, value
proposition and competitive position in order to effectively serve
- Handles account management activity for Tax Research software
customers to effectively promote and facilitate a positive renewal
environment for the customer.
- Executes the sales process for Tax & Accounting Research
products and services by staying fully informed of the prescribed
- Actively evaluates and explores new practices and tools to
improve processes consistent with company guidelines and brings
forward to management for implementation consideration.
- Handles renewal activity for accounts, add-on sales activity,
account management and other sales services and effectively tracks
and manages renewal cycles throughout the year.
- Contributes to new product development that meets customer
needs by identifying gaps where current products do not meet client
requirements; working with product managers to translate unmet
client requirements into business and functional
- Improves WK CCH TAA Tax Research and Auditing market share by
the transition to WK products to meet expectations and form the
foundation for a long-term customer relationship; and staying
connected with existing clients to ensure competitors are unlikely
to move customers to their products.
- Collaborates with Management, Retention Representatives,
Account Executives and Alliance Team in developing joint sales
plans, business plans, presentations, and creating referrals.
- Manages time and resources effectively to accomplish sales
goals by planning for and scheduling all required sales
- Represents Wolters Kluwer by developing and maintaining
comprehensive knowledge of Wolters Kluwer products, industry trends
and general business and financial acumen through various sources
- Communicates Wolters Kluwer competitive advantage to customers
in a compelling articulate manner in verbal and written
conversations and presentations.
- Behaving in ways that demonstrate corporate core values and
culture; developing professional and positive relationships with
customers and colleagues; and maintaining a reputation of
competence, integrity and professionalism.
- Proactively pursues professional development activities (e.g.,
attending seminars, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks).
- Manages time and company resources appropriately.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education: A BS/BA degree in a business-related field or equivalent
work experience in a professional sales setting.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in a sales or customer facing role
- Experience making presentations to prospective clients to
explain the business' products and services and their alignment
with the client's needs.
- Experience using online presentation tools.
- Experience using a consultative sales approach.
- Intermediate experience with recent version of Microsoft
operating systems and Office, especially Word and Excel.
Preferred Experience And Training
- 1 year of experience in a sales retention role.
- Technical, software or on-line solutions sales experience a
- Experience selling on premise and cloud-based solutions and
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment.Formalized
sales training (e.g., Holden, Complex Sale, Solutions Selling,
Miller Heiman, The Challenger Sales Module, Salesforce.com).
Preferred Knowledge And Abilities
- Understands the workflow of Tax Research and Auditing
- Demonstrated ability to create positive working relationships
with customers, co-workers and leaders.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines
consistently with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
effectively to meet business needs.
- Excellent English language skills required, both verbal and
- Experience with CRM tools i.e. SalesLogix; Salesforce.com;
Travel Requirements: 5 - 10%
- Attending offsite meetings
- Ability to travel independently and overnight
- Ability to travel by air
- Ability to obtain a credit card
Physical Demands: Home-based office environment that requires
sitting for long periods of time and extensive computer use.
Keywords: Wolters Kluwer, Bloomington , Senior Sales Business Retention Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Bloomington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!